I'd like to talk to some ex-JW couples

by Mad Sweeney 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

So this pic is from Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2, pages 244 and 245.

The quote I mentioned was from memory, so not entirely verbatim. The exact quote on page 245 is:

While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it.

Insight on the Scriptures, Vol 2 - LIE

• cantleave
    cantleave

Couldn't have done it without nugget coming joining the darkside

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

OM, thanks so much for the link to that thread. It was during only my second week here on JWN and I don't recall reading it at the time. What's interesting is that what you lay out in that thread is almost EXACTLY what I did. I remained a MS for as long as I could and used Family Worship Night to read the Bible ONLY and teach my family how to think for themselves.

Are you and your wife FB Friends with me?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I was the one that announced to my 3rd generation very JW enmeshed husband that I would be leaving. I just assumed he would leave me, but he said he would stay with me and that he too would leave the organization ( I could not believe it), it really was the first "sign" that I was doing the right thing. It took much longer to work on getting mentally free and it is still a work in progress. We are closer now as a family, we have had to get out there and make all new friends but it has been a great 3 and half years! NMKA

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank you.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi, I left about a year before my husband did, I didn't argue I would just give him questions that he couldn't answer or read him scriptures that contradicted what the JW's taught. Eventually he started to see the light! I must say that we were not very active by that time and the JW's had let us down on many occasions so I think it was easier for us to leave than for someone who is still very active.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

In my case, I left and she decided she would "prove" to me the error of my ways. It worked. Her studies led her right out. Gotta love it!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"We are closer now as a family, we have had to get out there and make all new friends but it has been a great 3 and half years! NMKA"

My wife and I were just talking this evening about how much closer and happier our family is. We laugh together every single day now. When in the Borg we were lucky to have real genuine moments of joy once a week.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was the one in our family that decided to leave . I knew my husband was not happy or that particulary active as a Witness ,but he was mentally entrenched in the concept of the Witnesses having the 'Truth'. I pulled the rug out from under his feet when I told him I was done and never going back to the meetings . If I had it to do over again I would have prepared him first . He thought I was going to leave him and that our marriage was over ....it makes me sad to realize the mental ,emotional pain I put him through . At the time I just did not know any other way out I was so afraid of what was going to happen , and at that time i was really afraid to honestly talk to my husband . We both held back our true feelings about so much when we were Witnesses .

Luckily after he realized it was just the JW's I was leaving ,he stopped going to meetings too . It has taken him a bit longer to work through the JW web of lies ,but I think he now sees it definitely is not the truth .

We are much closer now . We communicate and talk about everything freely now ,no more judgemental attitudes we worried so much about as Witnesses .He used to be so exhausted and depressed on meeting nights . Now if he comes home from work tired ....he takes a nap , and doesn't feel guilty because he didn't rush around getting ready for a boring meeting.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

OH and I meant to add as a couple we are much HAPPIER too. We laugh together so much more now .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit