Meetings at the Kingdom Hall are TRUE worship!

by punkofnice 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I went to a few Mary Kay and Avon sales meetings a few years ago and felt like it was a parallel version of the meetings.

Yes, even the terminology used is a reminder of what sales people are trained on.

• Territory
    • Conversation Stoppers
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George

I was supposed to do evening witnessing tonight, but I just couldn't do it. I'm playing around with the WT CD Rom, and came across this gem from 1955. Check it out........Since 1955, meeting attendance has been important cuz the end is right around the corner. SMMFH

w551/1p.20par.9‘ConsiderOneAnother,TrustinginJehovah’

Taking in the right kind of knowledge is important to our spiritual-mindedness and our gaining life. Jesus, when praying with his disciples, set forth the formula for happy endless living, saying to Jehovah: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3, NW) In this prayer Jesus was very anxious to see his followers take in this true knowledge of the Sovereign Ruler of the universe and to understand why he sent his Son to earth, for with this information one can know the way to everlasting living. From this we can see, then, how essential it is for every individual dedicated to Jehovah God to be busy in the congregation of Jehovah’s people. Meeting attendance is a “must.” Meeting attenders must speak up, communicate, express their minds, and they must keep spiritually-minded. This is not difficult, Paul says, adding: “For I am longing to see you, that I may impart some spiritual gift to you in order for you to be made firm; or, rather, that there may be an interchange of encouragement among you, by each one through the other’s faith, both yours and mine.” (Rom. 1:11, 12, NW) This spiritual gift Paul is talking about seems to be bestowed upon Jehovah’s people just through communication, by one’s expressing himself as others listen, by the individual’s telling out his faith—by Paul’s expressing his faith to and interchanging thought with others. In other words, talking about Jehovah’s truth is rounding out spiritual-mindedness. (Ps. 145:9-12) This fits in with the thought that we should make a “public declaration of our hope without wavering, for he is faithful that promised.” Our experiences in the field, our association with the brothers, our discussing the Watchtower articles, our going to the theocratic ministry school, our having a part in the service meeting, our attending and participating in the activity of the service center and our attendance at public meetings; all of this is spiritually sustaining, all this discussion, communicating and interchange of ideas is encouraging, spiritually strengthening, upbuilding to faith, as Paul says, “both yours and mine.”
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

@agentzero - The 'out of time' thing. How can they possibly run out of time on such innane drivel. But they did....and the meetings were all the more boring for it! I was a clock watcher.

@garyneal - Avon is far more practical!

@NRFG - You are looking a lot better suddenly! So just where does the term 'SPIRITUAL' this and 'spiritual' that come from....loaded language?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit