Meetings at the Kingdom Hall are TRUE worship!

by punkofnice 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@WTWizard - You've probably put into a few simple sentances what I've been struggling to say in a volume like 'War and peace'.

I've been having some 'interesting' conversations with JW's who are so totally defensive of the WTB$ to the exclusion of logic.

We've seen those conversations on here too. Always manipulating scripture and logic so the Grovelling Baddies are not put in a bad light. Minimizing their wickedness to 'mistakes' that are not of importance.

The WTB$ is an antichrist pyramid business scam posing as a religion to obtain power and money for the leaders.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

punk, great topic. We just had this nonsense in that awful congregation book study publication. They went on and on about how the Jews were so foolish for being hung up on worshipping at an actual temple instead of putting faith in Jesus. God needs to be worshipped in spirit, not in some man-made structure. I guess I was the only one in audience who saw the irony of saying this while sitting in a building constructed by human hands for the purpose of "worship."

Now, there will be some JWs who would argue this inconsistency by claiming that the Kingdom Hall is not really a temple where Jehovah's Prescence is but this is pure bullschiessen for several reasons:

1) JWs consider attending meeting part of true worship; something that is absolutely necessary.

2) While God himself may not actually be in the building, JWs claim that his Holy Spirit is, as well as angels.

3) A kingdom hall is a temple. it is a house of worship, just like a church, synagogue, temple, cathedrel, mosque, whatever you want to call it.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

THE ONLY ONE IS WORSHIPED IN THE KH IS THE FDS....

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

THE ONLY ONE IS WORSHIPED IN THE KH IS THE FDS....

Amen to that.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Even when I was a true believer this was something of a question for me. How come we only worshipped God for a few minutes (praying and singing) and spend most of the time parroting the literature? I never quite got that but of course this problem was filed away under the "do more research when you have the time" file. Luckily I did used the family study night to do a lot of research and the result of that was that I'm now no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses and very proud of that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Mr Falcon - XLNT 3 points.

I tried to have this conversation with Mrs Punk who of course showed me the hand when I tried to explain what I meant. She is clearly under mind control as there is no reasoning with her on any JW subject.

So, this subject has been bugging me for a little while.....even when I was 'in'.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

justhuman - FD$ worship.........yes. I fear tis true!

theilluminator - It was the WTB$'s own litter-trash that convinced me it was all just a mone scam.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

James 1:27 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

1 Corinthians 14:12 12 So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

1 Corinthians 14:26 26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

This verse is particularly interesting. Everyone in the church would come together and participate. Whatever they brought to the table was for sharing and edificating. Nothing like parroting every friggin' thing the WT, KM, other literature says. How is one supposed to be honest and express what they feel when all they have is the WT speaking for them?

Romans 14:19 19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

1 Thessalonian 5:11 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@knowsnothing - you know lots!

• agent zero
    agent zero
    Even when I was at my most indoctrinated I questioned whether the meetings were really worship. A bland song and sterile prayer just didn't convince me.

i felt and feel the same way. especially when they would run out of time at the WT study, and cut it short and say "we'll have to skip the last paragraph because we're out of time". its just so rigid and structured like its a business meeting instead of sincere and important worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit