If you have sex with your spouse after you find out he/she cheated on you, you cannot divorce them.

by Chemical Emotions 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Thanks for all the reponses. Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was a bad rule.

WTWizard, I totally agree with your post.

truman: That's pretty much what I was thinking when I posted this. It's very unfair.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Just tell the elders you didn't have sex with the spouse after they cheated. Is the spouse going to come up with 2 witnesses who were watching? Are they going to bring in a forensics team? Not likely.

W

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It makes much sense to me that societal institutions want to bolster families for a host of reasons. Children having proper support is a main one. Marriage used to involve trade talks between families. The greater the trade alliances, the more everyone prospered. They were contracts more than marriages in the modern sense. So the Roman Catholic Church, The Eastern Church, fundamentalists, Mormons must all have rules concerning adultery.

The overreaching of the WT in the most private and intimate relationship known to humans sickens me. Does anyone with personal experience in one of the above churches have knowledge has to the process they follow. Catholics have to submit documents and prove assertions to get an annulment. When I was young, 16 year olds got annullments. Someone with an permanently committed insane spouse or a spouse doing life in prison could get an annulment. When the church first started annulling 30 year marriages with ten childlren,, I cried foul. Jesus was clear in Matthew.

They should look in a mirror and cry Pharisees. I want to have some gauge as to how outre the Witnesses are. In my culture, you do NOT discuss such things with anyone -- maybe a therapist but only if it is highly relevant. As far as I am concerned, the very act of discussing them should be grounds for divorce. As I said before, marital confidentiality and privilege exist from the state b/c this relationship is so fundamentally different from all other relationships. Does anyone possess dignity?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"The overreaching of the WT in the most private and intimate relationship known to humans sickens me."

I agree very much!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Sure you can! Go right ahead! Go tell the elders to stfu, eh? If they don't like it, well, who cares, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit