Are you enjoying your REST? Well, the Governing Body SAID you would!

by Terry 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses: Reliable, spirit-led, trustworthy and accurate in their teachings?

OR: unreliable, human led, untrustworthy and inaccurate in their guesswork?

You decide! What could possibly be more damning than letting them tell you in THEIR OWN WORDS?

After you read this article answer a simple question: Should anybody believe anything these people say is significant and urgent?

I will italicize the most damning references as you read along.

Begin here:

October 8, 1966 issue of Awake! pages 19-20 it said:

The Bible shows that when God began to shape the earth for human habitation, he worked for six "days," or time periods. From the indications in God's Word, each was apparently 7,000 years in length. Then Genesis 2:22 states, Jehovah "proceeded to rest on the seventh day from all his work that he had made." This seventh day, God's rest day, has progressed nearly 6,000 years, and there is still the 1,000-year reign of Christ to go before its end. (Rev. 20:3, 7)

This seventh 1,000-year period of human existence could well be likened to a great sabbath day, pictured by the sabbath day God commanded ancient Israel to keep after working for six days. (Ex. 20:8-10; 2 Pet. 3:8) After six thousand years of toil and bondage to sin, sickness, death and Satan, mankind is due to enjoy a rest and is in dire need of a rest. (Heb. 4:1-11) Hence, the fact that we are nearing the end of the first 6,000 years of man's existence is of great significance.

Does God's rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so. From the most reliable investigations of Bible chronology, harmonizing with many accepted dates of secular history, we find that Adam was created in the autumn of the year 4026 B.C.E. Sometime in that year Eve could well have been created, directly after which God's rest day commenced. In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of God's rest day come to an end?

The year 1975. This is worthy of notice, particularly in view of the fact that the "last days" began in 1914, and that the physical facts of our day in fulfillment of prophecy mark this as the last generation of this wicked world. So we can expect the immediate future to be filled with thrilling events for those who rest their faith in God and his promises. It means that within relatively few years we will witness the fulfillment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the "time of the end."

WELL, HOW DO YOU ANSWER?

Name just one thrilling event that took place in 1975. I DARE YOU!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Easy. I was born!

• Awen
  • Terry
    Terry

I think of the Watchtower Governing Body leadership as an endless loop. It doubles back upon itself, reboots, starts up again.

No end in sight--LITERALLY.

• designs
    designs

I got married in 1975, married 36 years next week...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I now know the GB are 7 men in Brooklyn. therefore, 7 villages are missing thier idiots.

Having been raised a JW, having been a pious-sneer and eldub I see clearly that over the years, there isn't much they haven't changed or flip-flopped on.

It's all spin with them! How can anyone seriously believe god is directing them. Oh, I know there are those that would say: 'Well, what they taught was right for the time they taught it and all based on scripture!'

Bunkum!

This is probably a favourite 1975 lie but here goes anyway:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four,

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Name just one thrilling event that took place in 1975. I DARE YOU!

Led Zeppelin released "Physical Graffiti".

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I was born too

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

1975. I got a motorbike!

Armageddon came.

The Sex Pistols played their 1st gig!

• sir82
    sir82
    Name just one thrilling event that took place in 1975.

Carlton Fisk's game-winning home run in the 12th inning of Game 6 of the World Series.

It even happened in October!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit