Music I've done: what's to like and not to like? You can help...

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Just finally getting back to this link after some days....

Yes, Fark--I certainly agree with you. The mistake I make is in choosing the analog sounding patches rather than the electronic-by-nature.

It is called the uncanny valley. The closer you get to simulating a real thing the more uncanny or weird or wrong it sounds. Interesting phenomenon, I think.

I am a compulsive composer. I counted over two thousand music files of mine. That's the musical equivalent to "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" in the Shining:)

I've been planning to produce a CD since 1995. By the time I get a list of ones I like I've done more that I like better. It is an asymptote, I guess.

Lulu.com allows anybody to publish anything they write, create, compose or what have you. They'll manufacture it, too. No cost to the creator.

It is a wonderful site.

• Quentin
    Quentin

bttt

• Farkel
    Farkel

terry,

: I am a compulsive composer. I counted over two thousand music files of mine. That's the musical equivalent to "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" in the Shining:)

:I've been planning to produce a CD since 1995. By the time I get a list of ones I like I've done more that I like better. It is an asymptote, I guess.

Thank you for sharing that, Terry.

The major musical thing that separates us is that you're a composer and a performer and I am only a performer. I really don't have much talent for composing. No! I have NO talent for composing.

Nor did Arthur Rubenstein, nor Vladimir Horowitz, but they shook some pretty good ivories for nearly 7 decades each.

My piano music was not flowered by multiple tracks and instruments which are coming from sampled sound and controllers and from anything BUT a live accoustic group of musicians.

NO! My piano music was flowered by sampled sound which was coming right into my computer so I could share it.

This is a LONG leap from the good ol' days

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit