Music I've done: what's to like and not to like? You can help...

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Music swells once again in my heart - a rhapsody - as the silver moon and I make our vows.

CoCo-there once was an era in which people read great books, recited poetry, lavished adulation on the arts and praised Romanticism. Is it only we who are long-of-tooth who

long for those thrilling days of yesteryear?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Is it only we who are long-of-tooth who

long for those thrilling days of yesteryear?

I suspect so Terry . . . I spend a great deal of time rolling back the years to the artistic expressions of the 50's, 60's and 70's . . . timeless is too light a word.

If you're looking to assemble a compilation . . . I'll give every song a listen and simply rate them one against the other out of say 5 . . . and get back in a day or two. Posting now will make it easier to find the thread. Hopefully you'll get a good number feeding back for a good balance.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Terry, and Sizemik, though I suspect that those who inwardly feel as we do simply say nothing ...

The following musical selection gives me a sense of film noir soundtracks and their biting melancholia:

Thousand Year Rain

We had talked in godly earnest, in his little, book-cluttered room overlooking the East River.

Freddy promised me in his inimitable manner - one of an admixture [his word] of religious zeal and of unquestionable conviction - that I would not grow old - EVER. The thousand years would be a test, of course, but my own conspicuously evident love of the Lord would usher me into a supernal realm that only our prescient artists in residence could accurately depict.

I believed. I endured. I despaired.

As I now, years later, peer out from under the curved arches of the vine-covered loggia, I see heavy rain washing away soil and rock and dreams. It may as well last a thousand years.

Freddy lied.

• sizemik
  • Quentin
    Quentin

Marking....

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Just got done listening to more of these arrangements. Needless to say......I am very impressed and want to know when I can order the CD (if that may take place).

This kind of music does something for me that the mindless, constant replay.....each song played 8 or 9 times in 8 hous on country FM that I am sentenced to at my place of work......and that I have no control over......doesn't do for me.

This old fogie is more than ready to buy and Ipod so I can listen to what I want. lol

HappyDad

• Farkel
    Farkel

Terry,

You obviously have a talent, perhaps a genius talent. However, comma, I think electronic music has a long way to go before it approaches the quality of analog or accoustic music.

Frankly, I hate my own recordings on an electronic keyboard I had, vis as vis what I could have done on a real concert grand piano, and I had sampled sound from real concert grands on my keyboard! In fact, my keyboard was the Rolls Royce of electronic keyboards, a Roland AE-90.

I'm just old fashioned, I guess, but I do hear the difference. The harmonic overlays are just not the same with electronic music, and I don't just mean your music. I mean my own, also.

Keep producing your music: many years ago I learned from a wonderful mentor that there are only 3 groups of listeners for what we do. The first group were dragged in there and can't wait to get out from the recital, and the second group consists of people who are just listening for mistakes and trying to find fault with the music. The third group will love it no matter what you do! Play for them! I do!

BTW, you give GREAT syncopation! I'll bet you do some wonderful Scott Joplin.

Farkel

• bsmart
    bsmart

Farkle, I had a link with your music bookmarked and recently tried to click it. "404 not found." Woe is me! Do you have a live link for us?

• Quentin
    Quentin

BTTT....

• Farkel
    Farkel

bsmart,

: Farkle, I had a link with your music bookmarked and recently tried to click it. "404 not found." Woe is me! Do you have a live link for us?

No. Not at this time. Perhaps at some later date.

You may PM me and I will be happy to e-mail some of it, though.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit