in the uk it is illegal to smack children so do children in the kingdom hall still get smacked ?

by looloo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

It is not quite illegal to smack children in the UK but it is very frowned upon all round.The softly softly approach is fairly universal except amongst the more dysfunctional parents.

I have never seen a child smacked by a JW in or out of the KH.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I have never seen a child smacked by a JW in or out of the KH.

Wow, Ive never heard that before.

has it always been like that in the UK, or was it different 20 or 30 years ago?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

of course I wasn't in the UK, but I remember plenty of smacking going on the KH

Children were beaten for all sorts of stupid things

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's also illegal to molest children but the JW's still let that happen without stopping it.

• wobble
    wobble

I was born in to the cult in 1950 in the .U.K (Kent,England) . I was smacked a couple of times when young, I remember some parents who gave their kids quite fearsome beatings as late as the 1980's, I think it gradually got better since then.

If it is still going on, I may return to the K.H and stand in line to smack a few kids myself , like in the film "Airplane" !

• mummatron
  • Pams girl
    Pams girl

Never seen actually smacking, but have seen some vicious arm pulling and general growling in kids faces. They all looked frightened to death bless em.

See you at 12 Mummatron?! Got my sports bra on, and my boy Jack and I very excited to see you x Thanks for the link

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is also illegal to molest them. Yet, that doesn't stop the witlesses from doing that.

• blondie
    blondie

Countries where corporal punishment of children is illegal (30):

http://www.endcorporalpunishment.org/pages/progress/prohib_states.html

The UK is not one of them.

I do believe that when Sweden did so in 1979, the WTS had several articles on spanking.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/86542/2/Fuming-Angry-seething-seeing-RED

"correcting" WTS pubs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit