Favourite Muffin Recipe??

by Broken Promises 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• clarity
    clarity

OK my bad!

Another day begins. Another batch to try. More frisbies in the making I fear!

c

Thanks

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'd also like to add that if your baking soda gets old, it won't rise as well. So if you ever notice a sudden change in a well-known recipe, check the date.

NC

• talesin
    talesin

Yes! @ NC

I forget to do that, must check cupboard ... tx :)

oh yeah, and remove the top from the old box, and put it in your fridge; it will absorb odours.

t

• Emma
    Emma

I've started posting recipies to a blog but have never given the info out. There are a few muffin recipes here; they're all gluten-free but you can just substitute regular flour in any of them. I hope to post more soon.

http://blog.itsallaboutthebaking.com/

Emma

• blondie
    blondie

I don't at what altitude you live, but if it up there, it can affect how things rise when baking.

High-altitude baking

Most sea-level recipes work up to around 3,000 feet, but above that, they need the following adjustments. Keep in mind that every recipe is different and any or all of these adjustments may be required. Keep notes of how you adjust recipes until you know what works best for your particular location.

6,000 feet

7,000+ feet

For each teaspoon, reduce baking powder

1/2-1/4 tsp

1/4 tsp

For each cup, reduce sugar

up to 2 tbsp

1-3 tbsp

For each cup, increase liquid

2-4 tbsp

3-4 tbsp

http://www.pillsburybaking.com/bakers_corner/high_altitude_baking.aspx

• talesin
    talesin

Emma, there's some yummy stuff there.

Do you know any recipes using nut flour? Anything, really. So far, I've found that and potato flour are my 2 options.

Thanks. :)

Oh, hey, Blondie? Anything ? Thanks. :)

t

• Emma
    Emma

Talesin, have you tried quinoa and sorghum flour? You could use nut flours in these recipes, not sure of the ratio to potato flour. I'll keep thinking.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, and no, can't use them. I will try the recipe for savoury tart,,, looks very yummy! Tx ,, yes, expectations for potato flour are low, it is quite gluey, and the starch is more like corn flour for gravy, but I know the nut flour is more versatile.

t

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sheesh, girls.

This thread is just one running double entendre, right?

::takes notes::

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I KNEW when I saw your name here it was gonna be this kind of post!!

BP: I'm looking for a really tasty, easy to make, muffin recipe. Do you have a favourite?

SixOLette: Yea the tasty muffins at the bar always falls for my etchings line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit