JW = largest body of therapy for mentally ill?

by cptkirk 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

why was this ed dunlap booted? can you explain why the book says the letter of james was written to no specific persons or person? and then it starts by addressing the scattered 12 tribes "Greetings!"? it doesn't exactly matter to me either way, i'm just curious since you cited it. thankyou for the welcome.

• Balsam
    Balsam

It's like awakening from a dream isn't it, a very bad dream when you realize how you've been fooled by these arrogant men who lead the JW organization.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I see deference as a character flaw. Normal JWs play their part in the dance. It is not only the mean, awful WT. Many people, though, just sucked in. Only once you are in is the true craziness revealed.

I always read about the JWs in Germany during the Holocaust. They fare better psycholoigcally than other imprisoned groups. Most people believe the world is basically good and wondrous. We were taught creation was massively wrong. Atlho he declared it very good, he sent worldwide catastrophes to wipe out innocent people whose only crime was not being in Abraham's immediate family.

Illness caused serious isolation for me. I am outgoing and interested in many things. Nevertheless, it is quite a burdensome task returning to normal after isolation. I can only imagine what it is like for a devout Witness, completely shunned.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

since you mentioned holocaust, i read a thread on here that said the "brothers" (some), were selling eachother out in those camps? wonder where that guy got his information, and if there is anyway to validate it. i have a hard time believing that one....you got to be into some serious hatred to be at eachothers necks in the middle of the holocaust...

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think that brothers 'seeling each other out' in the holocaust just showed what they were - normal human beings. I can only imagine the terrible things they had to do to survive, witness or not. :'( Remember, witnesses back then were very different and had very different beliefs. But what any 'selling each other out' equates to was they were just red blooded human beings, and I wish what they all went through on nobody.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You make perfect sense shamus . . .

Who knows what anybody might do with a loaded gun put to their head . . . or even put to their childs or loved ones head.

They were human . . . just like the Apostle Peter . . . who denied Christ when his life was threatened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit