Misunderstanding of prophecy

by StopTheTears 12 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

I am constantly amazed at the gross spiritual apathy and blasphemy of men and women, supposedly "Christians," who possess a woeful ignorance of the true meaning of the Kingdom of God.

As shocking as it may seem, millions of people who consider themselves perfectly knowledgeable of the prophetic scriptures are today working earnestly in a misguided effort to help Satan and the Beast of Revelation establish their latter days global kingdom.

Some years ago, while attending a prophecy conference in Florida, I encountered a sincere but deluded woman proudly wearing a necklace bearing the so-called star of david, the six-pointed star. She had no idea that this star secretly represents the number 666, that occultists universally call it the hexagram, and that Satanists regularly use the six-pointed star in their satanic rituals and invocations.

The true Kingdom of Zion is, in fact, the New Jerusalem, a heavenly city and habitat built by God without human hands. What's more, citizenship in Zion is based not on race and blood. A person must be chosen by the King of Zion and must be born again into this Kingdom (John 3:3). Citizenship in this marvelous Kingdom is the privilege of believers.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You were on vacation, weren't you?

• bohm
    bohm

Some years ago, while attending a prophecy conference in Florida, I encountered a sincere but deluded woman proudly wearing a necklace bearing the so-called star of david, the six-pointed star.

wuf!

• poopsiecakes
  • Awen
    Awen

I'm kinda failing to see your point about the Hexagram Star. The Menorah is the official symbol of Israel and has been since ancient times. Just because a few groups use a certain symbol doesn't necessarilly make it Satanic. I mean they use the Cross as well and the Cross was used by many pre-Christian religions way before Christ was crucified, yet Christians still use it as well.

Contradict much?

Oh and a comment about New Jerusalem. It's not a physical city at all. Recall that in Revelation (which was symbolic) it's a spiritual habitat, not a literal one.

"I am constantly amazed at the gross spiritual apathy and blasphemy of men and women, supposedly "Christians," who possess a woeful ignorance of the true meaning of the Kingdom of God."

BAZINGA!!

Awen

• Awen
    Awen

On a side note STT.

You're using copyrighted photographs. Do you have permission from the WTBTS to do so? If not, you're looking at a lawsuit.

Cheers!

• Awen
    Awen

I also should mention this: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/scofield.htm

This is the original site where this information comes from. STT just copied and pasted it word for word.

SHAME!!!!

Does STT have any original ideas or is everything plagiarized from someone else?

Peace,

Awen

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

STT is famous for that, Awen. Personally, I've decided to find it endearing.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Oh brother......

I guess snowflakes and six-petal roses are Satanic......

From Dartmouth's website:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/math5.geometry/unit5/unit5.html

Hexagon & Hexagram

Plate with Star of DavidSlide 5-15: Plate with Star of David
    Keller, Sharon. The Jews: A Treasury of Art and Literature. NY: Levin Assoc. 1992

Hexagonal Tilings

Our next polygon is the hexagon, closely related to the equilateral triangle

The hexagon is a favorite shape for tilings, as in these Islamic designs, which are not regular tilings, because they use more than one shape.

Islamic Tiling Patterns

Slide 5-9: Islamic Tiling Patterns
    El-Said, Issam, et al. Geometric Concepts in Islamic Art. Palo Alto: Seymour, 1976. p. 54

But, as we saw, the hexagon is one of the three regular polygons will make a regular tiling.

An Illusion

The hexagon is sometimes used to create the illusion of a cube by connecting every other vertex to the center, forming three diamonds, and shading each diamond differently.

BasketSlide 5-10: Basket

Calter photo

PavementSlide 5-11: Pavement, Ducal Palace, Mantua

Calter photo

The Hexagon in Nature

The hexagon is found in nature in the honeycomb, and some crystals such as basalt, and of course, in snowflakes.

SnowflakesSlide 5-12: Snowflakes

Bentley, W. A. Snow Crystals. NY: Dover, 1962.

Six-Petalled Rose

The hexagon is popular in architectural decoration partly because it is so easy to draw. In fact, these are rusty-compass constructions, which could have been made with a forked stick.

Six circles will fit around a seventh, of the same diameter, dividing the circumference into 6 equal parts, and the radius of a circle exactly divides the circumference into six parts, giving a
    six petalled rose.

Moses CupolaSlide 5-13: Moses Cupola. S. Marco, Venice
    Demus, Otto. The Mosaic Decoration of San Marco, Venice. Chicago: U. Chicago, 1988. plate 60.

Hexagon vs. Hexagram

Connecting alternate points of a hexagon gives a hexagram, a six-pointed star, usually called the Star of David,found in the flag of Israel.

Star of David on Silver bowl

Slide 5-14: Star of David on Silver bowl from Damascus.
    Jewish Museum (New York, N.Y.), Treasures of the Jewish Museum. NY: Universe, 1986. p. 61

Solomon's Seal

The hexagrarn is also called a Solomon's Seal. Joseph Campbell says that King Solomon used this seal to imprison monsters & giants into jars.

The genii emergingSlide 5-17: The genii emerging.
    Burton, Richard. The Arabian nights entertainments. Ipswich : Limited Editions Club, 1954.

The U.S. Great Seal

Seal on Dollar BillSlide 5-20: Seal on Dollar Bill

Calter photo

The hexagrarn can also be viewed as two overlapping Pythagorean tetractys.

Joseph Campbell writes; In the Great Seal of the U.S. there are two of these interlocking triangles. We have thirteen points, for our original thirteen states, and six apexes: one above, one below, andfour to thefour quarters. The sense of this might be thalftom above or below, orftom any point of the compass, the creative word may be heard, which is the great thesis of democracy.

- The Power of Myth. p.27

Hexagonal Designs in Architecture

Hexagonal designs are common in ancient architecture, such as this church window in Quebec.

Church WindowSlide 5-22: Church Window in Quebec

Calter photo

This marvelous design is at Pompeii. It is made up of a central hexagon surrounded by squares, equilateral triangles, and rhombi.

Design at Pompeii

Slide: 5-23. Design at Pompeii
    Calter photo

Design on Pisa Duomo

Slide 5-24: Design on Pisa Duomo
    Calter photo

This hexagram is one of countless designs on the Duomo in Pisa.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just more Plagiarism..

STT doesn't have an original thought of "it`s" own..

.................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit