“God’s organization” on “Satan’s organization”

by Marvin Shilmer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Got to agree with Marvin on this one. Comparing those quotes is pretty much the whole point of why this religion is wrong. Because this quote from the 1930 Watchtower is hardly an isolated example of the Society criticizing Christendom for the very same things the JWs are doing.

I can give a more modern example from memory--look at the Faith in Action Volume 1 DVD. The Society there speaks highly of those who read the Bible on their own in the face of oppressive religious authorities who insisted their adherents believe their creeds or else. Same deal. Even worse, really, because you don't even have to tell another soul that you disagree with a WT doctrine; if you just believe it inside your own head, you're still to be labeled an apostate. So the hypocrisy is very much there, and this 1930 article is just one of many good examples.

I think it's a good choice to use because it spells out in very specific terms just how hypocritical the WTS is in this matter.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

We might also add that anyone who rejected the central authority of Brooklyn/Rutherford back in the 1930s would surely have been labeled as part of 'Satan's organization', even before the DF'ing arrangement became a solid doctrine or whatever. So it still holds.

--sd-7

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I don’t get you. But thanks for giving the subject your attention.

Your whole argument is founded upon the great disparity between the 1930's and the 1980s+ Watchtower. Because of behavioural, informational, thinking and emotional control the Watchtower's rank and file members "go with the flow" as the Watchtower dramatically changes through history. Many times they change from black to white and then back to black. The Rank and File DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE disparities because they are well known (not specifically, but rather generally), as well as discounted. All the Watchtower has to do is reinforce in the Witnesses mind that they are "God's chosen people." Once that is accomplished anything on the outside of that hard fast line is part of "Satan's Organization."

I think this community sometimes forgets that if there was a way to prove that JWs were God's people then the ends WOULD justify the means. That's a concept that the JWs believe exists that does not.

I think you are aiming at the wrong target, but then again that's just my opinion.

Articles written by the Watchtower, in any generation, are/were written specifically for people who have been taught/suggested to live their lives while peeking through the hole of a straw. You can't speak of things outside of the peek hole and expect to get anywhere. Contemporary sources are much more worth the effort, imo.

Maybe I am being to critical, but the topic of "Watchtower Exposes" is just so intricate as well as close to home for me.

Also, I have been known to over analyze.

-Sab

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

sabastious,

Thanks for giving this particular article of mine your attention.

I think you probably presume too narrowly of my blog in terms of for whom and what it is published.

Marvin Shilmer

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think you probably presume too narrowly of my blog in terms of for whom and what it is published.

You are right I don't know your full intentions and am forced to speculate. Instead of speculating I'll just ask: what/whom is your blog, and specifically this article, intended for?

-Sab

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Great points, thanks again Marvin.

I know where you are coming from too sabastious, a few days ago I was speaking with my brother-in-law, he said "I don't care about old teachings, I only care about current." Can't reason with that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So what's 50 years' time? If something is the truth, it shouldn't change during that time. Did gravity do anything different during the 1930s from the 1980s? What about electricity? Physics? Chemistry? If something is supposed to be infallible truth, it should change little during 50 years--even during the period between 1872 (when the witlesses first went out and predicted the end) and today.

Obviously, the fact that there is major differences between the two indicates that it is not the infallible truth.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Marvin it is an open and shut case. Your research gives further evidence that the WTBTS speaks with a forked tongue!

Good work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit