Great Tribulation: Thank God It's Not true

by Red Piller 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not wishing to divert this thread but actual 'heavenly' angels being able to procreate with women. Wasn't this a CT Russell & Rutherford thing that he endorsed based on the work 'Angels and Women' that was suppoed to have been dictated to a spirit meduim by a demon?

When the 'Golden Age' was asked about this they drew a red herring across the issue.

In the July 30, 1924 Golden Age the Watchtower Society reviewed the book Angels and Women positively.

Then a letter...

In the December 3, 1924 Golden Age -

Pardon me for taking this much of your time on what may be so simple a matter; but I was approached about going into a club to get a certain book called, "Angels and Women". I made some inquiries, and was told that it was a book that a fallen angel dictated to a women, showing a desire to come back into harmony with God; and that Pastor Russell approved of the book. I had never heard of the book before; and as we are to shun anything akin to spiritism I should like to know positively whether the book has your approval before buying one; so if it is not asking to much would like a reply.

(Mrs.) W. S. Davis, Los Angeles, Cal.

The reply....

When Pastor Russell was here, he read a book dealing with conditions that obtained prior to the flood. He requested some other brethren to read it. It was so much in harmony with the Bible account of the fallen angels that he regarded the book as remarkable. Under his supervision it was revised, and later published by one who was formerly his confidential associate. The new book is published under the title "Angels and Women". Scriptural citations are given. An appendix is added. Pastor Russell remarked that at some opportune time the book, revised, should be published.

As to its being a violation of the Vow to read this book, such an idea is not worthy of consideration. It would be no more wrong to read it than to read "What Say the Scriptures about Spiritism" or "Talking With the Dead"; for both these books quote much as to what the evil spirits do. Many have derived much benefit from reading "Angels and Women" because it aids in getting a clearer vision of how Satan overreached the angels and overreached the human race, and caused all the havoc amongst men and angels. It helps one to a better understanding of the devil's organization.

Doesn't this smack of a teaching of the organization that has it's roots in the 'table of Demons' yet again?

What else beside 1914 has the organization lifed from the 'table of Demons'?

As for the great tribulation, I have seen many a JW discussing this subject and how they'd be persecuted...................sadly, many of those died of old age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit