The New Awake is Ridiculous! Special Issue about Childrearing

by serenitynow! 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I have just skimmed it, but the parts I've read are laughable! They talk about how "complete control" is unscriptural and "usually backfires!" I guess that doesn't apply to the GB controlling it's JW subjects. Here's the link:

http://www.jw.org/

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Here's a gem:

Jessica sees Brad approaching, and she’s ready for what is about to happen.

“Hey, Jess, try this!” Brad says. Brad opens his hand, and Jessica sees exactly what

she expected to see—a fresh marijuana joint. “No thanks,” Jessica says confidently.

“I have future plans that involve breathing. And besides, Brad, . . . I thought you were too smart to smoke!”

Hilarious! Because when I was young, random kids at school offered me "fresh mj joints" all the time!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, I only wish someone would walk up and offer me some weed nowadays....

Always remember, these articles are written by pasty white, middle-aged, home-schooled men who are fed three square meals a day, have their shirts and slacks pressed for them, free housekeeping and drive Buick Centurys.

• agonus
  • agonus
    agonus

Interesting they're calling this a "special issue". What's "special" about it? Why now? Why emphasis on raising "responsible" children?

Could this be an attempt to show the public a reasonable side of the organization, that, hey, we really do have these kids' best interests at heart, wer're not hard-core when it comes to forcing our religion on them, we really DO want them to be self-sufficient, etc...

While in the Dumb and Dumber Kool-Aids there's more and more batshit-crazy-totally-off-the-chain-unscriptural crap about shunning, control, the evils of the internet/apostates, kids getting baptized as young as 6 and 7, giving up scholarships, higher education, sometimes even dropping out of HIGH SCHOOL to pioneer, etc.?

The WT doesn't give a shit about kids. It's just trying to put up a respectable front. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

The only time the WTBTS "care" about children is when they're indoctrinating them...

• blondie
    blondie

I take it that this is the October Awake? At times the WTS conducts "special campaigns" where they try to get a magazine into the hands of certain groups, parents, schools, child service professionals, etc. I wonder if the October KM has something about a special campaign?

• Gayle
    Gayle

This magazine was very empty,,very unrealistic, a lot of la-la,, gives so much yak yak, do it this way and then walla! it's all better. About the goals part,,ended very empty,,not much goals for these kids,,of course, no college was suggested, I didn't catch the usual suggestion to pursue pioneering etc,,unless I missed it ???,,(I did scan quickly) & I guess because this Awake article is mainly for the public , no goals of a certain special category of work, nothing, nada.

This is by the WTS,,what do the GB for the most of them know a thing about raising kids, since most don't have kids! They are clueless!

• 30 years out
    30 years out

HHMMMMM! An Awake special issue on child rearing.

It sounds a little like the book "The Joy of Twins" by Joseph Mengele.

People who should not be allowed to care for a goldfish are dispensing child rearing information to the gullible followers again.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL LOL LOL FRESH MARIJUANA JOINT! Priceless!

Hey little girl, would you like a fresh marijuana joint?

Hey dude, pass that fress marijuana joint!

Fresh Marijuan joints for sale!

Hey mister, do ya know where I can score a fresh marijuana joint?

The more I use it, the funnier it gets!

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit