Scripture Challenge: Theists, atheist, anti-theists, absentheists, satan worshippers whoever can help...

by freemindfade 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Genesis 1:29

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed...

One of my favourites (Conium maculatum)

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

That depends in what you mean by loving god. Also there were no Jews in the first books of the bible. The first 5 books also known as the Torah means instruction and offers a way of life for those who follow it. They were Hebrews, Israelites which gradually disappeared after the separation of the tribes later on. The Torah is books of laws, and it wasn’t meant to choose people but rather follow a blood line in which ultimately Jesus was part of.

While people look at the first five books as inhuman, it shaped the survivors of the flood into seeing the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob having loving traits, but could also be stern.

Some people call this, prominence of the theme of blessing and cursing. For obedience and faith, there is blessing as in the Garden of Eden, but for disobedience, there is cursing as in the flood.

So the first five books of the Bible are sometimes called the Pentateuch demonstrated God's holiness, and taught them how to love God. That’s how theology looks at it in many different ways.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Capitan nailed it, if you look at the scripture he listed God is so loving but at the end he will punish people to the fourth generation. So my dad sinned and me and my kids and grandkids get punished for it. It just goes to show the early God or God's of the torah were not considered loving, maybe just judgmental.
  • Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit