Space Shuttle, NASA, and The NAZI SS.

by pedal power 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pedal power
    pedal power

Todays last landing of the space shuttle Atlantis, and the ending and retirement of the space shuttle fleet,signals the end of an Era in manned space flight in the USA.

I feel obliged to bring to your attention, the man who put the the USA at the forfront of THE SPACE RACE, and put the first man on the moon, and was the brains and driving force of NASA, that would result ultimately in the shuttle programme, the construction of the space station, and the Hubble telescope.

Who was He, and what was his background ? Well his name was Wernher von Braum, he was a German soldier, scientist, who attained the rank of Sturbannfuher in the SS, he was one of the leading figures in the development of Rocket technology in the NAZI regime, developing the V2 weapon, the first ICBM.

He and his team of German scientists, were captured near the end of ww2 and taken to the USA, there they escaped the war trials, and Von Braun, the former NAZI officer, was put in charge of the space programme, set up by president kennedy, He and his team of former NAZI scientists designed and built the SATURN V rocket which took men to the moon in July 1969, I was 7yo, my father insisted on wakening me up, to view the looner landing, I am glad he did, and now 42 years later its over, and some of our thanks, if not all must go to,Wernher von Braun, German SS officer.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Von Braun developed the V2 rocket for Germany. The basic propulsion technology, however, had first been developed by American Robert H. Goddard, the father of modern (liquid fuelled) rocket propulsion.

This Wiki page adds some color to his involvement with Germany's Nazi government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun#German_career

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Say it isn't so...

• pedal power
    pedal power

BOTCHY, would it be too much for you to recognise that your ENTIRE space programmes succsess was because of a NAZI, a very brilliant one at that ? dont diminish his achievements because you rely on the ignorance of most posters here, acknowledge him, his contibutions to science are massive, and you do yourself a disservice by trying to diminish his role in what the USA achieved in space exploration. PP

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You never know Pedal. He might've used Rocket Chemtrails against the USA.

• undercover
    undercover

I can see Aldo Raine now...

"I betch you take off that fancy SS uneeform before makin rockets for us...and that I cannot abide..."

and then carves a swastika in his forehead...

• pedal power
    pedal power

I love TEXAS,and ZZ TOP, now please give credit where credit is due, even though they killed members of my family, He, they, Made the US space programme.

• pedal power
    pedal power

Undercover, have you been on the sauce ? get with the programme mate !

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

BOTCHY, would it be too much for you to recognise that your ENTIRE space programmes succsess was because of a NAZI, a very brilliant one at that ?

Dude, I have huge respect for what Von Braun accomplished, I am just saying that few things are ever invented out of the blue. German rocket research started out of an interest in Goddard's work, which was largely ignored in his own country. The point I was trying to make was that he may have been a Nazi out of necessity, not conviction. I know people that were members of the Communist party in their home country for the same reasons, and how many people are nominal JWs for the same reasons today?

• bohm
    bohm

BTS, would it be to much for you to recognize that your ENTIRE space programmes success was because of a NAZI?

The man practically build the studio himself. AND STARRED AS NEIL ARMSTRONG!

I think a small alter is in order. Von Braun prefer cookies with milk, baked in a gas oven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit