WT books thrown into the dumpster...

by NVR2L8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

I have alot of JW books. I keep most of them in a bookcase in my basement .( not the finished part ) JW books are ugly! The colors are .......well....

horrid. How could any JW with taste in decor stand to look at them in their bookcase ? I know.........whats in them is ugly too!!!!! The greatest man is one

that comes to mind that I would allow in my bookcase. I can't stand when people have paperbacks in their bookcases. That's how the JW's roll now....

bookcases full of paperbacks.........yuk!!!!! Just can't get rid of that old orange paradise book, you know, childhood memories and all.......lol

Scary Sherry

• AnneB
    AnneB

Once upon a time several years ago, a terrible thing split up our family, and I threw all my JW literature and media (huge collection) into a dumpster. The odd thing is I kept going to meetings for two or three years after that, through some really traumatic experiences (trying to hide the story here). Then the internet came along and I found Randy's site, read some stories that were similar to mine; one thing led to another and I was able to fade away from The Organization completely.

I didn't throw away the literature out of anger or anguish, I really knew I was "done" with WT 'way back then. So why did it take me several more years to disconnect physically when mentally it was already cut and dried?

Is throwing away the literature the disconnect or is it something else?

• Rydor
    Rydor

Hah, I was just reminded of a time about ten years ago when I was with my pioneer partner leafing through some old bound volumes. I found an article (from the 70's I think) entitled, "The Homosexual Lifestyle - Just How Gay Is It?"

Well when I read the title I just lost it! I motioned for my partner to come over and when he read the title he too broke out into hysterical laughter. Ah fun times...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"The Homosexual Lifestyle - Just How Gay Is It?"

Lol I love that one...one of the stupidest, funniest articles from the WTBTS EVER!!!

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Haha, that's what i did too. :P

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

AnneB, the disconnect happened way before when I was doing research for a public talk and I couldn't find secular statistics that supported the "evidence" presented in the WT outline. From that time I gave the talk twice...then I couldn't anymore and within 2 years I resigned from my congregational duties and totally stopped going to meeting one year ago after the DC. My wife is still active but I know it is just in a social way since she can't explain or debate any of the doctrines using the Bible...the books were kept for her...but she never uses them except for the meetings...so these are the books she kept. I just couldn't stand the site of all these books lined up on the shelves on the bookcase in my office...as if the number of books or size of your WT library was a indicator of the level of your spirituality...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I took a load of stuff to recycle at the local tip.

The older stuff I sold on E-Bay and gave the money to the Baptist Church and also purchased some items for myself!

At least I know the Baptists will use the money for charity and it was a way of sticking two fingers up at the 7 filthful syliva cl-a$$ members in Brooklyn. (Or flip the bird if you are in the US of A).

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Before moving we through a bunch into the dumpster as well. Months later I remembered that in the AID book I had stashed some old bills I had collected and put in it for safe keeping. Whoops.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

kwintestal, I guess stashing old bills in WT literature is the only way to give these books some true value....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit