WT books thrown into the dumpster...

by NVR2L8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

For the last few weeks I have been pretty busy as we were moving to a new house. My wife did most of the packing but when it came to the move, I realized that there are things we own that we had forgotten about because we haven't used them for years! On top of the list was old WT publications that no longer contain the "truth" and publications available on the WT CD. After some resistance from my still active wife, I was able to convince her that some of those books belonged in the dumpster, especially the ones that would get you in trouble if you still believed what they contained! Some of these books were never opened after we "purchased" them from the WT and we only got them because everyone else were. We could all have used the ones from the KH library...which are also rarely used. So all the WT and Awake volumes we owned since the 70's and all old books were dumped! The only thing that would have made me happier is if I burned them instead. Now my bookshelves are empty...and I can fill them with books that I choose to read and that contain the truth in all its dimensions.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've been thinking about this for some time myself. We're getting ready to move soon and I loathe the thought of packing up these books and moving them. I gave a few away to others on this site but for the most part, it's intact. Half of me wants to keep them as whenever a dub insists on current thinkng, I can show them the error of holy spirit previously. But then again, how often does that happen?

• trebor
    trebor

What a waste of perfectly good dumpster space

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This reminds me of something that happened to my wife. She worked with someone who had a JW sister. Her sister would send her the WT and awake over the years, along with books, etc. Well unfortunately her sister died. The co-worker knew my wife is a JW so she asked my wife to take back all the books her sister gave her as she felt bad throwing them out. My wife agreed, so the co-worker brought everything to the office for my wife. Several boxes worth. The lady then left that employment but my wife assured her we would take care of the publications. They are still sitting at the office and it's been two years. Even my wife who fence straddles with this religion doesn't value thier publications much either

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I was able to convince her that some of those books belonged in the dumpster, especially the ones that would get you in trouble if you still believed what they contained!

It is hard to respect their books when even the publishing company itself does not respect their previous literature.

• paladin
    paladin

I have bound volumes dating back to mid 60's and a bunch of other books that need to be trashed. One trip to the recycling dumpster should do it I hope. But my wife still likes having a WT$ library.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I was one of those "collectors", so I have this ridiculous library in my living room. Some of it goes back to the '30's

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Looking to pass some of those oldies on wha happened?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Don't worry Trebor...the dumpster was large enough to drive ma car in...

and yes Wha Happened, my wife packed them all and we had to move them...with the help of some of the "brothers" that she invited to help. I must admit they worked very hard and were very friendly...at first I felt bad that they came to help someone who is betraying the cult and has no intentions of ever going back...but I quickly realized that each and every one of them benefited from my help (financial or other) at one point in the past.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

After I DA'd I threw all of the magazines, tracts, books, and notes I had in the recycling bin. I also tossed the library CDs, DVDs, and DVD liners. I did keep the blank, empty DVD cases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit