OMG shunning story

by man in black 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• VIII
    VIII

Terrible.

Now a way to fight back.

In this day of tiny digital electronic video devices, take one along on your next JW outing and start the camera rolling.

I used my iPhone to video a recent encounter with a JW and someone else. I am debating what to do with it.

iPhones with video capabilities are incredible. Ethical? I leave that up to you. However, as a source of proof of what you are talking about and to prove the point, invaluable.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Mouthy,

How gratious. God bless you.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

When my niece was getting married 3 years ago to my best friends little brother she specifically requested that I not attend. I'm not disfellowshipped, just faded. My best friend little sister wanted me to go as her date just to bug them.

But all's well that end's well.

On that very day I had my first date with my now girlfriend of 3 years.

Oh yeah, and way back when I got married (I"m divorced now) my sister and mother refused to attend because my bride to be wasn't a witness.

That one messed up religion cult.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with how sad this all really is.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

This is pretty typical...unfortunately. When my nephew got married, my family went out of their way to invite me, but also made it just as pointed that I would only be allowed to attend the ceremony and not the reception thereafter. They even had the "b*lls" to say that this was a provision to protect me from the embarrassment of being singled out and ignored at the reception. Oh, and by the way, the bride and groom are registered at Macy's!! LOL

Wasn't that considerate??

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I don't know about anyone else but I just wouldn't go if I was asked by some pimple-faced attendant kid. A simple, "No, I'm staying. I'm family," would be my response

This happened at a wedding I attended. The JW woman getting married had a sister that was a "disapproved associate". Well, she attended to the wedding but was not in it. Then she came to the reception. The attendants asked her to leave and she refused. Saying she would only leave if her sister or the groom asked her to leave. Several elders attempted to convince her to leave but she ignored each one but her non-JW family didn't. The elders had the ballroom stop serving the remaining tables. The elders left and many followed right behind them and said some not-so-nice things as they walked pass her table. We stayed because we wanted to see what was going to happen.

Most of the guests left and then the bride was crying and finally went over and asked her sister to leave. Her sister and everyone at the table left but by that time they only had about 30 min left for the reception so the remaining guests headed over to nearby restaurant. The whole ordeal lasted for more than 3 hours during which no one ate (except non-JW family) because a "disapproved associate" had entered the room. There was only time for the new couple's first dance before everyone had to leave the ballroom.

I'm sure the only reason the bride waited so long to approach her sister was because her sitting at a table filled with non-JW family members. That didn't stop the elders from approaching her and asking her to leave.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

By the way...I didn't go to the wedding, but I did send a gift which I think was the real motive for the invite! LOL

• Adiva
    Adiva

When my JW brother got married he sent an invitation to our home addressed to my daughter and my niece, completely ignoring me and the hubby.

The sister he married divorced (non scriptural) his lazy ass a few years ago. If I'd been able to talk with her before the wedding, I'd a told her not to marry him.

Adiva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit