Approached at the bus stop

by noni1974 12 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was minding my own business this morning and up walks and Elder wanting to give me an invatation to the DC. I said no thanks I don't go to cult meetings anymore. He looked at me like I had 3 heads turned and walked as fast as he could away from me.

That was the second time in the last month that I've been approached at this same bus stop. The first time I told the girl I don't want to talk about your cult today. She looked at me funny like she han't really heard that and started talking to the lady sitting next to me that I see twice a week on our way to school. The lady politely told her no thanks and then proceeded to tell me she is a pastor and I was right about them and then she invited me to her church. I politely said no thanks I'm not a christian. She said ok. Then later when we had both got off the buss at school she asked me why I'm not a christian. I told her about being raised a JW. She instantly understood and hasn't pressed the issue since.

• man in black
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL NONI, back in the day we would drive around all morning hitting the same bus stops over and over. You are on their route. Scare 'em BAD and they will drive past while you are there. LOL

NC

• noni1974
    noni1974

You know that look I was giving people at the concert the other week?? I had that look on my face!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

What a contrast between the behavior of the JWs and that of the lady pastor... SHE backed off and politely respected your choices; unfortunately the same cannot be said of the JWs...

Zid

• noni1974
    noni1974

I know Ziddna. The Jw's acted like I had spit on them or something. The pastor was currious but didn't push her religion on me as an answer to my problem with JW's. She is a very nice lady. I have to say though that I can't wait to get a car again. This riding the bus sucks big time for more than one reason!!

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Hi Noni - I like your style

The Jw's acted like I had spit on them or something. The pastor was currious but didn't push her religion on me as an answer to my problem with JW's.

Speaks volumes, eh? It's amazing, the difference in response between the two parties...

RTA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Way to answer!

• mummatron
    mummatron

Good responses.

As a kid I used to get dragged along to do "street witnessing" at bus stops with my grandmother. I used to pretend I wasn't with her and intently study the bus timetables instead!

• flipper
    flipper

NONI- Pretty cool response ! I bet those Witnesses faces about fell off ! LOL ! They aren't used to hearing they are considered a " cult ". I bet you made them think for sure. Good job

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit