Were there 2 witnesses when you were DFd?

by FatFreek 2005 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Of the some 70,000 disfellowshippings each year (some 1% of the membership) most were for sexual misconduct. Of these, I think I'm safe to say that very few were witnessed by a third party. That means that both participants had to voluntarily confess in order to satisfy their 2-witness rule.

Know of any that didn't meet this rule?

Let's add one more question to the mix -- say that one of them confesses but the other doesn't -- what does the judicial committee do then?

Len

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

You know the truth!! Elders do what ever elders want to do.

• blondie
    blondie

There is another way to be df'd without 2 witnesses: remember how the WTS has that policy if 2 people stay overnight alone under the same roof without a chaperone, they can be df'd for fornication/adultery/other sexual df'able sins.

• designs
    designs

The Motel manager and the maid count as two witnesses

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

... and the maid count as two witnesses

And if there's no wet spot?

• designs
    designs

I guess they weren't having fun...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I disassociated myself. In the letter I told them what THEY were doing wrong..

I never was disfellowshipped (My JW MIL inquired years later ) even tho I told them I no longer would consider myself to be "One of them"..

I left back in the 70's.

Snoozy

• Dudu
    Dudu

Good question... So , you have to confess to be D'ed for sexual conduct.... otherwise i dont see how ppl would know :S

• Tralfamadorian
    Tralfamadorian

Actually, I confessed to my heinous crime of cigarette smoking on my own when they called the meeting. I guess that's what happens to honest people who tell the truth and want help. They get DF'd while the lying s.o.b's run rampant like wolves.

• talesin
    talesin

Let's add one more question to the mix -- say that one of them confesses but the other doesn't -- what does the judicial committee do then?

In my case, the elders lied and said the guy bragged to all the other young guys that he got to second base with me ,,, 'reproach' had been brought upon the cong, therefore, it had to be addressed.

I didn't talk to that friend (my BEST friend) for 2 years because of this. When I finally answered his telephone calls, I learned that the only people he told was the ELDERS.

They made up a lie to trap me... I wasn't gonna lie myself, so no denial of this heinous act of teens exploring their sexuality, and voila ,,, DFd!

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit