It's been 12 years since the release of the 'Daniel' book

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Among other things, I will never forgive the society for the Isaiah book studies. They went on forever when all that happened was that Judah & Israel gets destroyed and restored a million times, but it all evidently means 1919.

They were the most boring, stupid books in the watchtower's history.

What about The Finished Mystery (1917)??? I think that trumps the Isaiah's Prophecy books and their 1919 fixation.

• kazar
    kazar

The Daniel book had the same effect on me as it did on NewChapter. I went back to the meetings. It was the only interesting book at the time (and hasn't been one since) though totally inaccurate. At the time I thought I had something to look forward to. Their other books put me to sleep.

• moshe
    moshe

Books that give JWs a false insight to future fulfillments of Bible Prophecy cater to the JW "supreme smugness" attitude. It's a mental fix that makes a janitor feel superior to the CEO whose floor he is mopping late at night. JWs are dopes who never learn from the past- well, most of them don't learn.

• barefootmarley
    barefootmarley

it was annointed pulp fiction. all they did was write themselves into the bible, as they have with many of the publications.

i also wonder if they ever take on any outside commercial printing work, or freelance illustration jobs. i have seen artwork similar in the wtbts/ibsa publications in other places.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Lately the books have been boring as hell, the last exciting book that came out was "The greatest man who ever lived." Now they replaced that with the lame "Come be my follower" book.. doesn't even compare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit