I need folks in Edmonton, Alberta

by mouthy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Shall I make up the couch, monkeykins?

• badseed
    badseed

I tell ya, those monkeys sure can run fast.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oui, SVP. :D I hope you don't mind, some of my in-laws are with me. I'll keep them in order, but they are even more violent than I am. Just a heads-up.

Be careful of Marvin - he takes out kneecaps.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'll be moving in for about one year - hope you don't mind. (don't want to impose or anything... :D )

• godrulz
    godrulz

I think you underestimate my wisdom and compassion. Ex-JWs need love and knowledge, not just someone who has the same hangups and issues and beefs with the WT. Perhaps the individual could be given a list of a few people in the city and talk to us on the internet or phone to get a feel for who they would like to meet or find helpful. They could also meet with several people once to see whom they could trust in the long run. Ideally, a support group would be good and I think I could find one without attending myself (except to maybe introduce the person). If the person is not ready or interested in considering God/Jesus, this could be stated. If they still want God, but realize WT did not know Him, then an evangelical would be the best person, even if they did not have JW background. Encouraging an X to just do what they want by way of sin or joining any old accepting group is short-sighted.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Godrulz, I doubt your "wisdom and compassion".

If you had wisdom, you'd know when your evangelising isn't wanted or needed.

If you had compassion, you'd understand that preaching to exJWs is the worst way of communicating with them.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hey, Godrulz,

You ever kiss a monkey? Have you ever heard of 'survival of the fittest'? :D

• godrulz
    godrulz

I like orangutans, but would not kiss one. I did have a crush on Zira of Planet of the Apes (catch the new movie in August). Too bad Cornelius got her first.

Broken: I understand that many ex-JWs do not want to be preached at, but needed it is. I respect all people who do not want to hear the gospel in person (permission needed), but there are many people reading who are not commenting and I am not just directing gospel truth at one post/poster. Silence is not always golden. Feel free to talk about the weather. I can do that too if you don't give a rip about eternity, God, heaven, hell.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Pretty hot up there, eh Godrulz? ;D

• godrulz
    godrulz

Where are you from? We are whining about the mosquitos. It is either like the Arctic cold or so many bugs that we cannot even sit outside. This morning at 6:00 a.m., we had a major thunder/lightning storm with tornadic conditions. There will be grumpy, sleepless people today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit