So How Much Does the New World Translation Cost?

by AllTimeJeff 18 Replies latest jw friends

• average joe
    average joe

Those books split into parts like that are rare and worth more. I haven't seen those sold anywhere before now. Ebay has good quality studies in the scriptures books going for a 1,000 or more. Ebay has tons of watchtower stuff for sale if you are selling make an account.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The local used book store was asking $5 for a standard-size volume of the NWT in good condition. I passed on it.

• munchausen
    munchausen

I think this is a special super-large print edition available for the near-blind. I have never seen one, but I seem to recall it was available once upon a time. There was also a braille version available for the blind.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I suspect it will be sitting there for quite a while at that price. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that 4-volume large print edition is still in print from the WTS which means it can be obtained at no charge.

• shepherd
    shepherd

Yes, it can be ordered for free, if you are on good terms with the one ordering. You may be asked if you have made a 'contribution' (even though it is supposed to be a private matter). People can ask what they want, it does not mean anyone will pay it.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

AVERAGE JOE - $1000!?!?!! My set is in mint condition! The only person to ever thumb through them is me.

Think about it- I could make a grand on eBay AND shipwreck someone's faith at the same time! Awesome!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It is, in fact, still available to order through the WT. We ordered one once and it sat in the book counter for over a year. It's probably still there. Hmm, i still have the key. Maybe I'll go nab it and sell it.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I wonder what the green covered Bible would go for..?

• average joe
    average joe

For example here is 1 book out of the collection of studies in the scriptures selling for 250-270 on ebay because its in mint condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STUDIES-SCRIPTURES-THY-KINGDOM-COME-WATCHTOWER-/110715083520?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item19c7221b00#ht_500wt_1156
    I have seen the entire set sell for a little over a grand but it was mint condition a lot of other books sell for hundreds of dollars mostly the older books like million now living will never die and stuff like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit