Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 07-17-2011 WT Study (MOST IMPORTANT PERSON)

by blondie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'Sorry about the last few weeks, computer down, and work pressures.'

Good to hear from you. Cuz many here were ready to put out an APB (a missing persons' All Points Bulletin) for ..................Blondie!

Excellent review as always.

• inbetween
    inbetween

man, how was Eve supposed to answer then ?

"Yes, I am not allowed to eat from it, but as for Adam, ask him..."

"I don`t really know, short memory, sorry, have to clean the house and cook for my hubby now, bye"

"Why do you use plural ? I am alone here, please rephrase your question"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is precisely why I think of these boasting sessions as a complete waste of time. You hear the same damn story every week, running again and again. They point out the same crap, saying that Eve (and Adam) were responsible for ruining the first Paradise. Then they give the same stock examples of people that supposedly remained faithful despite hardships (always with a happy ending, in lieu of giving any of us a similar happy ending). We are supposed to believe that, just because Jehovah did something for several people and had the accounts written down, he will do it for us--a blatant logical fallacy. How do I even know that that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag didn't just write fictitious "happy endings" so we are supposed to believe them? Or that all the happy endings he will ever grant haven't already been written down in this worthless piece of trash?

Then, after these stock examples, there is the mandatory instruction that we need to "be faithful to the end". We need to do as much as we possibly can, and then some, to support the Tyranny. We need to preach despite extreme hardship. "Never allow personal tragedies to embitter

you against Jehovah. " Is this supposed to be a sign that Jehovah intends that we have personal tragedies that last our whole lives and still have him reap the reward as if he had fixed them? Last I knew, if I don't work, I don't get paid. Why should Jehovah?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

A couple things from yesterday's WT that bothered me. One thing isn't a criticism of the WT as much as its a criticism of the Bible.

1. I've never given it much thought before yesterday, but how could Jesus have been tempted had he been aware of his glory prior to coming to the earth, and the glory he would recieve after his death? In particular, Satan's offering to Jesus all of the kingdoms of the world. I can understand being hungry after fasting for 40 days, as heck I'm hungry after fasting for 4 hours and I'm getting ready to mash on some Ramen Noodles after I hit the submit button. Satan attempted to goad Jesus into injuring himself to prove that he was "a son of God" makes absolutely no sense. The WT stated that the Devil wanted to make Jesus be overly concerned with his reputation, a desire to not lose face in front of the Devil. That doesn't make any sense though, the Devil taunting Jesus with this so called temptation, is the equivalent of a child taunting an adult. How's that even a temptation?

The one that really irks me though, is Satan offering Jesus the kingdoms of the world. How is that a legitimate temptation when there's not a thing on the earth created that didn't have Jesus hand involved? On top of that Jesus was aware of his past, and his future. That being said, if you knew you were going to be a king in the heavens in a couple years, why would you be tempted with the offer of being a king on the earth? How is that a temptation? That's like having to catch the bus for two weeks because after those couple weeks, someone is going to give you a brand new BMW. However while you're on the bus one morning, someone sitting across from you says that if you kiss their hand, they'll let you have their seat on the bus and a free bus pass. However, the bus pass and their seat comes at the cost of losing your oppurtunity for the free BMW. That just doesn't make any sense to me, how is that a temptation? It recalls the old saying to mind about someone who would trade a ham for a weiner.

Another thing that bugged me at yesterday's WT Study was this. Did you notice the subtle dehumanization of nonJWs and the misapplication of Luke 13:1-5? That's the verse where Jesus stated the people who died as a result of a tower falling upon them weren't any more wicked than anybody else in Jerusalem. Those people weren't being punished, and he emphasized that ALL need to repent. The WT used that verse as an oppurtunity to state that simply because calamaties happen to JWs, doesn't mean that God is punishing them, but rather they were in the wrong place at the wrong time with the usual reference to Ecc 9:11 included. That being said, since disasters happen to nonJWs, and JWs alike, and Luke 13:1-5 is referenced in support of a lack of Godly indignation, than why are we to only be concerned about fellow JWs when disaster strikes? Didn't Jesus say regardless of whatever demographic, none were more wicked than the other? Are nonJWs simply movie extras when disasters strike?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Blondie! I always appreciate your comments.

The first paragraghs were full of Eve-bashing, which makes no sense. There were so many things just plain wrong:

• I don't think "Jehovah's name" is used in the entire first chapter of Genesis. What's the big deal if the snake didn't use his name? Frankly, the account there doesn't use Satan's name either. It's just a talking snake with no hint of some unseen invisible person doing the talking.
    • Genesis is only clear that Adam had been instructed not to eat the fruit. There is no indication that Eve had ever heard god's voice tell her anything. So it's safe to assume...
    • God never told Adam or Eve not to listen to talking snakes.
    • God never explained what "a lie" was. Everything they had ever heard was uncontradictory, straightforward truth. How could they have even had a clue that they should critically examine anything they hear as to whether it is "true"?
    • Particularly for Eve, she was at the very bottom of the submission ladder. She wouldn't challenge the word of her husband or any other voice, so why would she challenge the word of a talking snake?
    • Why would Eve think that she should question this new information? Wouldn't it simply qualify as "new light"? Millions of JWs around the world are expected to unquestioningly believe "new light" that comes as complete contradiction to "old light"? The talking snake was only doing once what Watchtower Corporation has done continuously for a century. They seem to think that Eve should have asked questions, but JWs sure better not ask any questions.
    • The snake said that if she ate the fruit, she would know good and bad. The snake was right. She now knew the difference between good and bad.
    • God said that in the day of eating the fruit, they would die. God was wrong. They lived for another 900 years or so.
    • Plural YOU and singular you? Big deal. God used the singular you when condemning the snake, the man, and the woman. It supposedly should have been plural since all snakes slither on their belly, all men and all women are condemned to work and die. The Bible isn't great at grammar, logic, or reality.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Is it just me moving further away from the cult, or is their BS really getting more rank?

• ziddina
    ziddina

marking...

Thanks, Blondie!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done Blondie. I have missed you commentaries on the propaganda rag.

What are they implying? Women are stupid because Eve got conned by a snake? Look for ways to be persecuted to prove the WTB$ is the true god? Do more or Jar Hoover will lovingly kill you SOON (subject to overlapping)?

.............what a load of tosh the WTB$ produce!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit