Newbie want's to say hi

by Adso 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome! Thanks for the introduction.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting. Feels great to be free doesn't it? NMKA

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

WOW Adso,

A big welcome to the forum.

As a convert I cannot begin to understand what you have been through. There are many others here with similar stories including my husband who posts as TotallyADD. You will find a lot of support here. From what you have written so far it looks to me that you need more than a support group. You need professional psychological help. I implore you to get it.

The cult of Watchtower divides and conquers. Don't let it conquer you.

Reopened Mind

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

I was working my arse off trying to support a family with 5 kids, getting to meetings, pre studying for meetings, pre studying for the family study to make it fun for the kids, witnessing and still feeling guilty because I'm not doing enough.

Boy do i know that feeling. I remember leaving every District Convention i attended feeling like i was dirt because i wasn't doing enough, despite being married with 2 small children.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Congratulations to your freedom and you gaining the real knowledge about the WTS! How are your kids doing? I hope they are experiencing their natural childhood life and will be able to move on in their lives also.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum, Adso.

I'm sure your story will valuable to fence sitters and potential recruits. Thanks for sharing it.

I have spent time in Melbourne, but that was a long time ago. Before the apocanotic events of 1975 even.

Cheers

Chris

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

As one poster here so aptly expressed, the best way to get back at the WTS is to live a fulfilling, happy life. Please go over some goals that you'd like to accomplish and get moving in a forward direction.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi Adso! Welcome!

• mummatron
    mummatron

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope it helps you on your path to healing. Repressed memories hit people like a sledgehammer when they re-surface. I too was fed the WTBT$ lies about repressed memories but I have experienced them myself. It is the one of very few ways of coping with abuse by blocking them out. Do you have some professional assistance to help you to deal with those and the depression? I am finding counselling and CBT exercises are helpful.

• goldensky
    goldensky

WOW, Adso, what a story! Boy, you must have a very balanced personality to have gone through so much and yet sound so free from bitterness! I admire you for your inner strength and I sincerely wish you all the best. Your love for your kids touched my heart too... I hope to read a lot more from you.

Lots of love from Madrid, Spain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit