Paraplegic JW example used at assemblies

by Alfred 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Heads up! Same tale told by D.O. 'Rathtopolois' at Natick Mass asembly hall circa 1982 so 29 years ago other variations include she dials with tonque or big toe.

Also same talk he told of shirtless bro in 3rd world country who wore a 'blanket' to precious k-hall meetings because he could not afford a shirt.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

It is always annoying when people are trotted out and held up as an example to shame the rest of us. I knew someone who toured through Africa on vacation, this person videod an African who had walked 11 (maybe 15) miles simply to fish in some lake. The African had to walk all the way back home again after fishing. The video also showed dozens and dozens of people walking to and fro on the roads, no cars in sight. With the extreme poverty there, everyone walks everywhere, so walking 15 miles, uphill both directions to meetings isn't as big a deal as we think.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

What about the sister in the iron lung? Shes the one I remember the most.

She was a full time pioneer, she witnessed to her visiters using a mirror hung above her head, and if she could pioneer then why cant you?

Every time, all i could think of was, what else is she going to do just laying there?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Oh, the guilt! The guilt!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    All perfectly scripted....
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    I remember the iron lung story. I think there was an article in the WT/AW about her. As a kid that really freaked me out.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

The older I got, the harder I found it believing those "experiences".

It got to the point where those doofy-ass urban legends about possessed Smurf dolls felt more plausible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It seems like every time our circuit failed to meet the field service goals set by our CO, the very next Circuit Assembly would invariably include a talk that mentions a chronically ill paraplegic sister who would dial the phone with her tongue to make Return Visits or conduct Bible Studies..

How about the chronically ill paraplegic Brother..

Who used his service dog..

To dial the phone with a "Pencil Stuck in his Ass" to make Return Visits or conduct Bible Studies..

..............................Image result for pencil in ass

• sir82
    sir82

a chronically ill paraplegic sister who would dial the phone with her tongue to make Return Visits or conduct Bible Studies

Did she also float across crocodile-infested streams in her iron lung, in order to attend the meetings?

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

a chronically ill paraplegic sister who would dial the phone with her tongue to make Return Visits or conduct Bible Studies

"Did she also float across crocodile-infested streams in her iron lung, in order to attend the meetings?"

Yeah and she did it with a pencil in her ass!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit