JW's who remain in the organisation but try to reform it - pissing against the wind

by jambon1 54 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Of course JWs will "reform". They have already reformed in many ways, and the process will continue....SBF

You forgot to use the word "Evidently"..

That's the word the WBT$ uses when they provide No Evidence..

Of course JW`s will "reform".They have Evidently already reformed in many ways,and Evidently the process will continue..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I prefer pissing with the wind.

It goes much farther that way.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have been out of the organization many years. So many individuals have tried. That became so clear at Bethel. They have control overseers at every level of work there and overseers at the dining table, head and foot. When an older, experienced group back in the early '70s tried to open up and explain the need for more genuine concern for the young and older brothers there, the result only created a day then nicknamed "Black Thursday." This involved experienced Bethelites that too had been previously circuit overseers. Tyrannical Knorr was clearly defensive and would not consider any of it. There was a huge "shafting" done to many, meaning many demoted from some positions.

When it changed, creating a Governing Body as known now, Bethelites observed at Bethel, the tyrannical Knorr was replaced with many "little Knorrs" with same arrogance. Ray Franz and Dunlap and others truly absolutely tried to patiently, and humbly have them re-consider several of the beliefs and stands on procedures and that proved only lead to eventual disfellowshippings.

I don't see now any spirit in the literature nor any talking at assemblies, indicating any less arrogance. It is not reformable. They are so "out on a limb" in any doctrinal considerations, so 'out there' about life and the natural future of life, families raising children in this real world, so unconcerned about the education, the health of people, emotional and physical.

So then, we have to go on individually or so much nicer if we have a friend or two, or now the Internet with such an abundance of people to unravel so much junk in our heads, study facts to be able to see clearly and to be able to make our own decisions. But we grow, we get stronger, we get more confidence as a person. We find we don't even need a reformed Watchtower Society to help us at all any more. We have outgrown them.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Outlaw, you deserve credit as always for cutting through the crap.

People confuse the WBT$ with JW`s..

Exactly. I know it is impossible to understand unless you have seen it, but the WTBT$/GB runs the business of Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses think they are being controlled by Jehovah, but are instead being controlled by the WTBT$/GB.

Otherwise, I just wanted to say I love the title of this thread, because it says it all. What are you trying to reform, and worse, what the hell would you try to keep?

Anyway, good thoughts....

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

The JW GB may reform the Organization if there is pressure from the outside. If the governments threaten to confiscate Watchtower property and tax the hell out of Watchtower income because JWs are denied basic human rights, the GB would suddenly get New Light. If the governmental agencies enforce their demands, the materialistic GB will reform the JW Organization to protect their assets.

But to date all JW reform movements that worked from the inside have failed.

Regarding governmental interference in Watchtower politics, what if the U.S. Government were to arrest the GB and all top Watchtower officials, does the Borg have a contingency plan? Do they have an order of succession for the GB membership during emergencies?

• Glander
    Glander

No offense to Willy, but his lunsent etter is a good example of the naive, devoted follow who sincerely wants to offer a suggestion or two, having bought into the Watchtowers frequent flip flops and accompanying "we're just imperfect men being guided by J for brighter light...blah, blah".

We had a 'partaking elder" in our cong. who stayed in regular touch with Brooklyn contacts with suggestions. He had pinwheels in his eyes and must have had frequent epiphanies while laying carpet during the day. From my perspective as a fellow elder he mentioned these contacts like a name dropper trying to be more "inside" than the other schmucks on the body of elders. He eventually had to be removed for a couple of years because he really thought he should have the last word on all cong. matters.

The other reformers fall into the catagory of undercover apostates trying to undermine the big O. They are ID'd quickly and get reckoned with. The Watchtower comic book doctine of the moment is pretty black and white and questioning it is almost impossible without getting strange looks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    But to date all JW reform movements that worked from the inside have failed.

Good point.

It's a publishing corporation, evolving to survive.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ATJ!!..

Thanks..Not many people get it..

JW`s and the WBT$,are Not One and The Same..

WBT$=Management.....Jehovah`s Witness`s=Unpaid employees.

Jehovah`s Witness`s follow WBT$ Company Rules..There is No Negotiatiging..You Do what Your Told..

PERIOD..

200 Hundred years ago Unpaid Employees were called Prisoners..Or..

Slaves..

Slaves had Field Service..Slaves had OverSeers..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hRTMNxRrMog/TaKmM60fWcI/AAAAAAAABJA/fR0JbuDkxME/s1600/african-american-slaves-picking-cotton1252618540.jpg

I have to Do Alot More for the Watch-Tow-er..

Do-da-Do-Da!..

http://us.cdn1.123rf.com/168nwm/shyshka/shyshka1105/shyshka110500076/9513911-man-in-suite-is-standing-and-playing-on-banjo-against-white-full-length.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

"What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted." - Eccl. 1:15

But nevermind....that's just the Bible....

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

" "What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted." - Eccl. 1:15

But nevermind....that's just the Bible...."

Well, it's not like the "Bible" was the only book/entity to notice the inconvenient fact that crooked things aren't going to be made straight.

But nevermind, that's just me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit