Whats changed since you were baptized????

by karter 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• TonyT
    TonyT

My weight.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

OK, new try

I'm no longer a child.

CP

• undercover
    undercover

The baptism vows

Works for me though. I wasn't baptized in the name of the Father, Holy Spirit and Earthly Organization like today's dubs are...

• karter
    karter

Beards all though I suspect this is a grey area. Karter

• Chook
    Chook

I go to toilet more during the night. Also I realise that no person ever really knows another person until they have to live with them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I were baptised in 1960 , we both have been out since 1993 and I couldnt count on our fingers and toes together , the amount of changes , backflips, and new light that has supposedly brought these people closer to a spiritual paradise..

Do Jehovah`s Witnesses today enjoy a spiritual paradise ? After 102 years of Jesus Christ reign as an invisible King ? Ruling over his Congregations ? What have they really achieved ? in this 102 years ? What in effect has JESUS achieved ? in ruling over his congregation ?

So to answer your question a helluva lot has changed with the organization with regard to doctrines , procedures within the organization , and what is now acceptable and not acceptable regarding their blood no policy.

• karter
    karter

Cart wittnessing

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

discreetslave

Civil Service

What's changed about that?

• blondie
    blondie

JustMe2 (www.jwfacts.com is an excellent resource)

It used to be you could not choose to do civilian service in place of military service. Now you can.

From 1929 to 1962, the Superior Authorities became “the Most High God Jehovah and his exalted Son Jesus Christ.” (This Means Everlasting Life (1950) p.197)

Did Jehovah direct Rutherford to introduce false interpretation of Scripture?

Rutherford used the 1929 position on higher authorities to justify:

• Consuming alcohol during the United States prohibition (“God never authorized a prohibition or any other sumptuary law to control the consciences or actions of others.” w29 p.121)
    • Prevention of Bible Students doing civilian military service (“For this reason the Bible Students devoted to the Lord refuse to take military service, because they are true followers of Christ and must obey God’s law.” w29 p.117)
    • Banning flag salutes.

From 1929 to 1962, the Superior Authorities became “the Most High God Jehovah and his exalted Son Jesus Christ.” (This Means Everlasting Life (1950) p.197)

• Consuming alcohol during the United States prohibition (“God never authorized a prohibition or any other sumptuary law to control the consciences or actions of others.” w29 p.121)
    • Prevention of Bible Students doing civilian military service (“For this reason the Bible Students devoted to the Lord refuse to take military service, because they are true followers of Christ and must obey God’s law.” w29 p.117)
    • Banning flag salutes.

• Banning flag salutes.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/superior-authorities.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/malawi-mexico-oath-allegiance.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/bulgaria-blood-transfusions.php

To settle the dispute in Bulgaria, compromise was required on both sides. To accommodate the conscience of Watchtower followers, the Bulgarian government introduced civilian service into their military service program. In 1996, the Watchtower conveniently changed its stance on military service, allowing non-combative or civilian service.

"What, though, if the State requires a Christian for a period of time to perform civilian service that is a part of national service under a civilian administration? … That is his decision before Jehovah. Appointed elders and others should fully respect the conscience of the brother and continue to regard him as a Christian in good standing. " Watchtower 1996 May 1 pp.20,21

This change in policy seems somehow disappointing after the hardship young Witness men endured for decades. By determining that civilian service was not actually an important issue before Jehovah, Watchtower leaders showed Bible interpretation can be shaped by governmental requirements as readily as by holy spirit.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Women were not allowed to give talks in the ministry school until January 1959. The change was announced at the 1958 international convention. I had the "privilege" of being one of the first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit