Hi Some of my story

by hellenback 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• hellenback
    hellenback

Fast forward 10 years for some reason I met a witness and went back. I was feeling low and started studying with a lovely elderly brother and was baptised. two years later I met and married a lady witness was married for 7 years and during this time once again saw lots of hypocrisy and then the child molesters issue. Just before i got married my wife to be had a girls night out and 2 sisters kopped of with men. One of the women ended up cheating on husband with my partners 17 yold son and by claiming to be depressed and a few tears got away with a private reproof . The elder that gave my wedding talk was dfed for the 3rd time for adultery. However the worst thing were all the flip flops and peado issues. My wife would'nt entertain any issues and was also a misery who in the end just annoyed me the whole time and treated her youngest son like a king and me like I was something on her shoe. They also believed they were perfect and I was full of sin. We split in 2004 and I went to work abroad . I have never returned to a kingdom hall since.

Not much of a story I know but I have a few others for another time.

• hellenback
    hellenback

sory the first half is missing I will rewrite ha ha

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

We'll be waiting for it! And welcome!

NC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome! Good story keep going...

• hellenback
    hellenback

My father became a witness in 1973 , so just before the 1975 thing. My sister and I always say that the only reason he became a Jw was because he's as tight as a knats chuff and didnt want to buy presents at birthdays or christmas. I was 6 ys old and my sis was 7 my younger brother was 2 ys old . My first memories of the meetings was being bored out of my mind for a couple of hours at a time listening to some boring man droning on about god. I also remember watching some of the sisters deliberately making children cry so they could go out back and chat (even at that age) My mother was a good mum and I think she went just to keep my dad happy she really never swallowed the rubbish they spouted. She also starting teaching me to read from 4 years old and I loved to read so dad signed me up to min school which was ok as because I read so well and put so much passion I always got praise. We went to the book study at a family home of an elderly couple and thier 30y old daughter and they were nice but house smelt of cat food bless lol .

Being a child and being JWs had its drawbacks as we were the weirdo's that could'nt celebrate birthdays or christmas . I was bullied mercilessly by the kids and the teachers for different reasons. Being fairly intelligent and reading at a level way above what I should have been I lost interest and never got it back(apart from history). I was bullied until I was about 10 years old and turned the other cheek as I was told until 1 boy who had bullied me for years started on me , I hit him once broke his jaw and knocked 3 teeth out. Noone touched me after that. My little brother when he was 5 years old like to take food from the fridge and my father asked advice from the elders. Thier advice strip him naked tie his hands and beat him with a belt . He took and carried out the advice. That scarred me for many years and I never forgave my dad for that act or the scumbags that put him up to it.

My father was an MS and was well respected but not by my mother or siblings as he drank and cheated on my mother. He even tried to have sex with my mums friend whild she was having my youngest brother. He also drank and drove nearly killing himself 3 times.

more to follow saturday

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

your dad sounds a bit like mine... creeeeeps!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the experiences you had to face. The whipping that your brother received shows how bad the direction of the elders can be. It reminded me when at the Book Study my 1 year old boy was crying and the elder/conductor told me to take him out to my car and spank him. I did, but cried afterwards and became stand-off-ish to that brother.

• hellenback
    hellenback

That beating i saw my brother recieve affected me for many years almost 20 I think. He was a little toe rag but never deserved that . Trouble is when you give some men a little power they abuse it. I hate hypocrisy

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Reminds me of my Brother, his 4 year old was wispering to me at the Book study in his home and he takes him to the bedroom and puts hot souce down his throat!

These people want to tell us how to live?

How are your siblings now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit