Hurt Email or Hate Email

by Snowboarder 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Well recently i got a long email from a JW in Vancouver, she read my blog ( http://sochiolympicgames.blogspot.com/ ) and attacked me hard! Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? My blog simply states the truth, she can't understand the whole picuture. Ok so this is some parts of what she said. " why take Jehovahs name and people through he mud. Many leave but they do it for themselves, you are attracting others, almost like apostate." My opinion well i want people to start thinking and if i don't mention the Jehovah's witnesse i will be missing a part of my history, they witnesse effected me and i want i can't igonore a large chunk of my history! I don't understand her, she says she is a friend, then why is she disappointed, i'm happy should not she be happy and not worry what religion i am a part of, my uncle says this how the war started people and their religion. then she adds " If you never return, ok, dont, I wonder what your reaction will be when Jehovah steps in" my opinion: what the hell does she mean, when jehovah steps in? if god is loving how can be so closed minded? i don't believe this is his organization. she adds : "I feel sick for your parents! " my opinion: i love my parents and what happened to the watchtower article is it wrong to change your religion? I don't understand what do my parents have to do with my religion? i'm not doing anything wrong? i am? my brain is going to blow up, first of all i want to snowboard and live a normal life, i don't get them, it's this odd thinking that made me leave. she addeds on and on how i could have made JW freinds but i did not want to, etc she adds " you just go ahead and do your thing in this sinking system and remember this day," sinking system? I do understand and i don't, my goals for snowboarding is my choice and please if you want to support me do, if you don't there is no need to attack. then she goes on " remember I spoke to you here and said you are making a big mistake, more for the fact that you are slandering all of us and Jehovah, and in turn attracting others, imagine if you have all the kids read and start to think your way is best?? thankfully i have a child that loves Jehovah enough to not hurt him, we may not love the people but we dont need to go on and on about it do we. I feel sorry for you to be honest" Why is she sorry for me? for what? i don't want my story to repeat i could easily contact many members of many olympic teams to ask them how they feel, i have contacts with the Slovenian Team and the Aussie team and i easily with the slovenian team i can have contacts with team member from all over europe and i will this season when i start to race, i want to inspire young ones to go after their dreams and out worry about some stupid cult, they should have the right to think for themselves, i don't want my story to repeat i say to everone race your heart our, love your life and follow your dreams! i feel sorry for them to be honest. the adds " ust go Sandro into the world and do your thing, enjoyyyyy to the full, celebrate the holidays you missed so much, and see what great joy you have when it all comes crashing down" what does she think, i have a easy life right now, it was hard leaving everthing behind, i have to start life all over agian. She thinks i'm only celebrating, she adds " your so hard done by. all of this makes me sick, I feel like its personal when you are so hurtful. Anyway feel free to delete me after reading, I have no need for ones in my life that speak so badly of others I love, I just felt i needed to say how you have hurt me and others by all you are doing, not that you care AT ALL coz its all about you isnt it :( so so sad." well, it's my life and i think i should things for my self, and i'm not doing snowboard races just for my self i want to help reunite my country and i love my country bosnia and herzegovina, the war has divided us so much, why does she feel it's personal it's just against a greedy corporation. I don' hate anyone and i think everone has the right,

Well i have no idea, should i delete her or not? i know it's a no brainner but i'm still thinking

• nugget
    nugget

Her reaction is a typical JW panic mechanism. Rather than view your blog objectively it is easier for them to attack you as a person making the assumption that you are wrong and can be abused at will.

It is the equivalent of a child putting their fingers in their ears and shouting lalalalala so they can't hear what is being said.

I would respond to her in a calm rational way

Firstly the blog recounts a true and accurate account of what has taken place. It is not meant to defame anyone merely explain and if she finds it uncomfortable to read it does not alter the fact that these things happend. Also her reaction is extreme and if she were to read it again in the cold light of day perhaps she will see more to judge in her own response than in anything you have written. Isn't religion supposed to bring out the best in people and if it brings out the worst perhaps there is something wrong with it.

However if she continues to send upsetting and hateful mail there is no reason why you should put up with it break contact.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't accept the blame for cult members bad behaviour.

Without the WT she would be a rational human being and would be supporting your efforts and your blog.

Tell her she shouldn't write emails when she's drunk. Tell her that if she does it again you will post it on your blog as an example of the support you are getting from your fellow church members.

• designs
    designs

Don't be naive, if you write a critical article against a religion or a political party or anything expect an reaction. Engage the person on specific points, be prepared to have your positions questioned.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

She simply responded exactly as you could have expected. You act puzzled that she is offended that you talked bad about her "publishing company". Now you KNOW she doesn't view it that way! She believes you are talking bad about Almighty God. She has been trained to be jealous for the name of Jehovah, and conveniently her religion is named Jehavah's Witness. You can't citicize her religion without criticizing her god's name.

I'm on your side, but it's silly to pretend not to know where she is coming from. We all know why she reacts this way.

And yet, they just eat up articles about ex Catholics, Mormons, Amish, Voodooo priestesses that come to the "truth". They have no problem with THOSE people criticizing their old religions and with it family members and friends.

If she doesn't believe she has the absolute truth, her entire world will fall apart. It happened to us. She won't go down without a fight.

NC

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

She sounds exactly like my JW friend. It didn't take much for me to trigger this kind of reaction from her. At first I was surprised at the way she reacted, as you seem to be surprised. However, the more I looked carefully at the literature, sat & listened at the meetings, listened to JW's talk among themselves, and read JW dialogue online, I realized I should not be surprised at all. You should not be surprised either. I have no solution for what to do about it, but if I were you I would apply the advice of the people who have posted above.

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Thnks everyone for the comments, i'm now really getting sick of these emails and comments, some are sent anonymous, i knew it's a JW from Vancouver because they know to much about me! I had to delete some comments because i'm sick and tried of it! Why are they reading my "apostate blog" (that's what they call it now) if they don't like it? So one said my goal is unattainable, i wish they left there info like name so i could a reply to them. At least i'm trying and like i said in a new post it's not about the Olympics but it's about they journey to there the life experience, you meet new people make new friends, have a great time out of your youth, study and board! AT least i'm going to give it my best! They the person that posted this they are don't aim high, they don't want to get disappointed, they if you never try you never will know.

One person said i'm stupid, you know what i'm in a different country different culture everything is different and i'm learning German, So i'm stupid for learning German. I meet lot's of new friends in Germany and i'm going to create a post about that. how i made a ton of new friends. I told my new friends what they wrote to me, they were shocked. For me it was expected but i was not expecting everyone to start reading my blog in my congregation.

By there comments i'm so happy i moved here!

I'm happy and i going to give it my best for goals and dreams in life! I know it may be hard, but i'm determined, and by watching many life stories on movies i feel somewhat like my life is a movie, like i said my true inspiration is the person from the Ghana Olympic Ski Cross team he learned to ski at 30 and at 36 he want to vancouver for the Olympics if he can i can, if not Sochi then 2018 in Korea!

• nugget
    nugget

your dreams and goals are not stupid or unattainable. If noone tried then there would be noone to watch and noone getting the medals. It is better to try to succeed than to give your life to mediocrity and control. you have the courage to think for yourself these others are just puppets whose life achievements mean nothing. You are are a great role model never let anyone else tell you differently.

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

nugget, thnks the person used a really stupid illustration he said he really wants to fly so he flaps his hands and nothing, he said that like my goals unattainable and unrealistic. Well first of all i can fly for a few seconds on my snowboard when i do a jump. I deleted that comment from my blog because i don't need that rubbish.

Anyway it's my life and i know it's hard sometimes in life doing the RIGHT thing.

He says i should go back home to Vancouver, to who? my parents would kill me with JW crap that god is punishing me and the JW former friends i had are really boring, I'm making great friends here and i don't want to leave them, they are really great we have a good time and they now are always inviting me to go to different places. I never had so much fun in my life until now. I'm young and i need to live, i'm free why did god give my such a good thought cooker as yogi bear would say. I made my mind i'm here to study University and get a good job, and follow my dreams.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You are doing good, Snowboarder. So many Witnesses give up the best part of their lives for the Watchtower Society, and get nothing in return. They trade the reality of their lives and ambition for the illusion of being part of 'God's chosen people'. They end up living second-rate lives, never doing what they really want to do. Ignore them, and do what you can, while you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit