I decided not to go to the IFB church I been attending

by andys 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal

If you have a facebook account, you can also go here and get other perspectives on the IFB.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/35429320847?ap=1

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Oh yes, I know that urban legend. They say it is because if you look at the number six on an EAN-13 barcode, you'll see it's two thin lines. And the lines at the beginning, the middle and the end of the barcode are also two thin lines. THAT'S 666! GASP!

In the version I heard, the last two stripes perform no function known to man, THEREFORE they contain demonic and Satanic control frequencies.

And people believe it...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There are so many denominations. Within the Church of England, there is Anglo-Catholic,want reunification with Rome and hang photo of pope, High Church, mostly urban, looks like Catholic but theology different, Broad Church - a mix of everything, more modern language and Low-Church-communion only once a month, plain buidlings. There are so many choices. Why don't you write down what you believe as a deal maker or breaker? Next, what makes you comfortable and uncomfortable. You have hundreds of choices. Prob. not next door, granted. I prefer High Church but can only find Broad Church without out a search. I truly suggest starting with yourself and then selecting. This way you are arbitrarily finding and then regretting it. What works for me won't work for you. Sounds like you want a low control church. Scads exist. This young woman I met was crying her eyes out. She was Asian and attended a very right wing Baptist church. Her clothes were bad. She dressed very fashionably. They made her burn her heavy metal. Heck, she could have female fashion designer ministers who were heavy metal promoters.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Regarding the mark of the beast. In addition to the barcode, I've also heard it being identified as a computer chip injected under the skin of your right hand or forehead. I've also heard one pastor say it is a worldwide social security / ID number containing the 9 digit us social along with 9 other digits that identify your country and province/state and locality.

But my personal favorite is the one I heard from a friend of mine when I was a child.

The 666 is the number of a man's name:

R-O-N-A-L-D = 6

W-I-L-S-O-N = 6

R-E-A-G-A-N = 6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit