If JW's had not claimed to have the truth

by FlyingHighNow 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unshackled
    unshackled

Besides, a true JW glows, we are pleasant, kind, loving and we are the happiest people on the earth.

Not if my JW parents are a typical example. They have convinced themselves Satan is persecuting them because some of their children left the Org. They are miserable souls with a Job/persecution complex.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am thinking most of us would not have been sucked into the org if they hadn't been demanding they were the only ones behaving and who had the truth. I am thinking a lot of us would have stopped going more quickly. Especially when we figured out what a burden they were placing on us.

• designs
    designs

Things I liked about them in the 60s- Anti-War, the International Assemblies were a blast, they tried to have racial mixture. There were about 30 of us in our teens in the KH then and we had our own Camping trips to Yosemite, Big Sur, Carlsbad and San Clemente; Surfing, Bike riding, Skiing, Football nearly every Saturday afternoon against other Congregations.

Then the 70s hit and the Music died.....

• TDaze
    TDaze

Personally, it would not have mattered to me. The whole self-congratulatory attitude of JWs never impressed me anyway. If they didn't claim to have the absolute truth, all that would have happened I think was that I would've realized the Christian god does not exist sooner. I care about truth above all else, after all.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

NEW BANNER:

JW'S I SEARCH OF TRUTH, NO WAIT, UMMM NO WE FOUND IT, NO WAIT UMMM PERHAPS IT IS OVERLAPPING SOMEHWERE, UM NOPE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit