I'm angry and scared

by MoodyBlue 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Number 6
    Number 6

Unfortunately the problem with coming from the Watchtower (particularly when raised in it) is that you equate a relationship with Christ and God with a visible human organisation.

This is the view pertpetuated by the WTS to bolster their clearly flawed "Faithful and Discreet Slave" concept which basically gives the power of life and death over 6 million JW's to a dozen or so senile old fools in Brooklyn. It translates as we are God's organisation on earth therefore you must treat anything petty/foolish/irresponsible or otherwise clearly mad viewpoint as if the Almighty himself had told it to you. Getting this fed to you several times a week for 20 odd years really does f**k your mind so its no wonder you are reading the Bible with a skewed point of view.

I would thoughrougly (sp?) recommend "In Search of Christian Freedom" by Raymond Franz. He documents with great detail how the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" dogma is nothing but self serving arrogance on the part of the Watchtower and has nothing to do with developing a relationship with God and Christ.

I myself for many years equated divine beings with human organisations on the back of being brought up in the Watchtower but I now see that whether or not God or Christ exist (and my jury is still out on that one); it has bugger all do with what the Watchtower says.

Hope that helps

Regards

• kpax
    kpax

I feel the same way! Don't worry to much. It will become easier to accept the way you want to be and are. I have been out of the Watchtower control for 4 years now and still have some difficulties with the whole thing. Just focus on the things you want to do because now you are free to do whatever you want to do without feeling guilty.

You will feel better after a while, just don't worry about it to much.

Kpax

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

HI Moodyblue I liked the questions you asked in your thread. I don't know where you will find your personal answers but I found mine by first looking at how we know what isn't so. I realized that once I admitted to myself that I was fooled once, that if I didn't take some steps to learn some good truth telling tools, there was a good chance that I would simply stumble along and get sucked into another big hole.

In time I learned how mind viruses work, how people use propaganda and spin to sucker others, why common sense doesn't work well, how people use psuedoscience to try to fool you, how to lie with statistics, and much more. I was able to do the things the Watchtower hated me doing: thinking, being skeptical, asking questions, and looking at the things they wanted to stay hidden.

You don't have to go to college to learn how to do that (but going to school is certainly a good investment in yourself) but if you take a systematic approach and look at things with those tools, you are going to make great progress in short order.

The reality tunnel I ended up in gives me hope that our potential life spans will be nearly doubled by breakthroughs in genetics and biochemistry. This gives me hope that with additional time and progress we can become immortal, even though that sounds like science fiction now.

Will you ever be able to overcome your brainwashing? It seems to me you are off to a good start.

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• Solace
    Solace

Like you,
    I went through an angry period when I found out the truth about the W.T.S. and an even angrier period when my family told me that my husband, children and I were going to be killed in armageddon, when I knew for a fact we werent. How do you convince a room full of J.W.s that they are wrong????? You dont......
    I do continue to pray for them to know the truth about the Org. I hate the fact that they and others are being lied to and used to make an Orginization grow. Thats why I am here to help inform others.
    I personally dont believe you need a manmade religion, to be close to God. Whatever you decide is just that, your decision.
    I just finally said, O.K. I have to live for myself now, not my family.

• Celtic
    Celtic

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15469&site=3#186669

But from now on, you also know that you are not alone. Many of us are and have come to terms with the very thought patterns that you mention, its not the easiest of transitions to make, but your new found freedom and ability now to make your own imformed choices is something that no doubt, in time, you will come to cherish.

Many of us here will be with you all the way, encouraging you when needed, pushing you on, reassuring you. No one else can do this for you, but the effort put in is well worth the reward. Yes you do start feeling a lot better, more balanced, but the transitional adjustment just needs to be given time and space within which to heal also.

Try Scott Peck's - The Road Less Travelled as a bedside companion.

Write anytime if you need to, ok?!!

Peace & WhatKnot, WhatKnot indeed!!

Celtic Mark
    [email protected]

Free Tibet & Drop The Debt!!

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Many of us have had the same feelings as you, I experienced some as you fear of aging, fear of punishment by God, when I left I felt everything that went wrong in my life was because I was being punished by God for leaving. I also feared aging, and death, but now as time has gone by, I don't fear those anymore, when I die I will be sleeping, to me nothing more than that. Aging is a process we cannot stop however, we just have to accept it. Give yourself some time, it takes time to get through all these feelings. Let God live within yourself, what's in your heart. I hope in time you feel better, and are able to live a more peaceful life. Life is to short for worries as these, live and try to be happy. Try to be you, not what others want you to be, or think you should be.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Moody,

i can empathasize with you man. i spend several years after leaving the dubs looking, especially within Xianity. finally gave up and declared myself agnostic, the only honest position to take when one really doesn't know! It wasn't for another 15 years of "not looking" that I approached religion again, albeit, very skeptically. By then I had made a list of things a religion would have to be before I would have anything to do with it. Perhaps, you might consider doing the same. leave some room for it to surprise you, but list the basics so that you have a sense of a core belief system you would be comfortable with.. go for it. beyond that, take your time and see the world, read and experiance what others outside your comfort zone are doing, thinking. you'd be amazed at how great people are of other belief systems and how screwed up their leaders can be.

wishin you all the best.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit