Meditation....

by wonderwoman77 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I was wondering how many of you engage in meditation and if so what kind? I went to a new group today that does mindful meditation. It comes out of a buddihist tradition. It was really awesome experience to me. I enjoyed. I think I am going to try to spend some time meditating everyday. I was only doing it once a week, but I think it would be beneficial to do once a day...Any one have any ideas on some good meditation books that I could read and do mindful meditation...

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Greetings Wonder Woman....I`ve always been interested in meditation but, no one has ever explained to me how to go about doing it. I`ve heard many good things about this practice,and would like to give it a go. Please if you will explain to me how i can start meditating,and what to expect from it ......Thank you in advance..........Jedd

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Wonder Woman

I do Iyanga Yoga and meditation everyday of the week. I have my instructor with me once a week and then I do 30 minutes of yoga followed by at least 15 minutes meditation a day.

I love it.

Brit

Get Ye behind me Satan... and push harder!!

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

where's your picture wonderwoman?

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hello Wonderwoman77

I am a firm believer in meditation,there are plenty of books on this subject,go to www.amazon.com if you are in a america,type in books then meditation and numerous titles will appear.For me personally i take about 1 hour a day and sit in silence,sometimes i feel i want to listen to music,it depends how i am feeling.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Jedd...I am not an expert in meditation, but there are some simple instructions that can be found at meditationcenter.com They do a good job simply describing meditation. I usually do the mindful meditation or the inner light one. I was looking to find some books that had some sayings I could meditate on. Thanks for the suggestion QCA...

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

WW77....Thankyou for the reply ill go to the site and check it out.........Jedd

• ISP
    ISP

Not too much! It has WTS overtones!

ISP

• Kristen
    Kristen

WW,
    I'll bet if you Google your query, you'll find tons of info online:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=meditation+sayings

HTH,
    Kristen

• Satanus
    Satanus

WW

When i decided to meditate, i read two books by lawrence leshan, 'the medium, the mystic and the physicist' and 'how to meditate' - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0553244531/qid=1013387942/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/103-7469787-4979049
    In the second book, he describes many meditation methods. I settled on counting outbreaths from one to five. I did this 15 minutes a day for quite a while. It gives me a bit more centered , peaceful feeling that lasts. He is totally non religious.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit