The Governing Body has NEVER claimed to be inspired…

by Alfred 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

That article from 1955, "Christian Channel of Communication", is one of my favorite discoveries. I found it while staying up the entire night searching for data on the WT CD-ROM. The biggest moment from that is where they say "prophet or channel of communication"--thus clearly indicating that the terms are interchangeable. Therefore, by their own admission, being God's channel of communication is equivalent with being God's prophet.

So, hand, meet cookie jar. Oh, oh you've met before? Ah, I see...

--sd-7

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have never found anywhere in scripture that anyone is directed to channel anything from invisible spirit beings. Such a practice is called spiritism in the Bible Teach book, and when I pointed this out during my study my JWs got very uncomfortable about the whole matter.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I wonder if the GB 3.0 will soon reclaim their prophet status now that they've dissed all of the non-Brooklyn annointed...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow! I have never read any of this! No wonder they don't make their older publications available to everyone!

Scully, if you are still around, awesome reasoning. Why listen to them if they are not inspired? Everyday something else blows my mind!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Marked.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

this was a good thread to re-introduce. I'd also like to see what the new and disapproved GB is going to stake a claim on.

• vangogh
    vangogh

sorry if this has been mentioned but I couldnt see anything regarding it. Please read thoroughly the book entitled 'The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah, Why?' there really is only one response to what is written in there and that is.... Deuteronomy 18. 20, 22.... Try and get a copy of the book as often what is written in the book is 'sterilised' before getting onto the cd's.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Marking.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The supposed 'difference' between "spirit-directed" and "inspired" is entirely meaningless. No specific mechanism has ever been defined for just how 'inspiration' [of scripture] supposedly works, so there is no way to contrast it with the allegedly different mechanism of 'spirit-direction', which in practical (using the term loosely) terms, they consider both to mean much the same thing anyway.

As has already been mentioned, the distinction in the terms is nothing but semantics to get around accustaions of 'false prophecy'.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Alfred - "The Governing Body has NEVER claimed to be inspired…"

... yet has admitted - under oath in a UK court of law - that they require the R&F to submit to their authority, to even behave as though they are - for all intents and purposes - infallible, and that anyone who doesn't is deserving of death.

Which is perfectly reasonable ().

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit