What do you think of the pictures (both illustrations and photos) in WT literature?

by Chemical Emotions 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Bangalore: God I HATE those pictures. I would be trying to rescue those poor people!

discreetslave: which picture is it that bothers you in the magazine?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

W 9/1/2011 the cover Who Really Rules The World

and pg 3 there is a young boy with a rifle & another man with a gun pointed at the reader

GREAT NEWS SUNDAY WAS MY LAST MEETING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE WBTS I CAN NO LONGER SHARE IN HER SINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Cheesy art, laughable. Once I was out and looked at some other religions, I realized that several others have similar pictures, it must be the mind-set that goes with those religions. Seventh-day Adventists, for instance. And Armstrong, his mag. always looked sort of like a WT/Awake crossover.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes Hortensia, I see similarities among the Watchtowers, 7th-Day Adventist literature and boring old Armstrong. They look like they come from a different age, an anochronism of destruction. In the past decades, the Watchtower's pictures/photos have become increasingly bland and "smiley" - just like the Adventist literature.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

discreetslave: Oh yeah, THAT one...I didn't like that one either.

I never saw any pictures from 7th-day Adventists before.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Open up the inside covers of the newer TMS book.

Open up the Daniel and Isaiah books.

Browse any new WT or Awake! magazine and look at the paintings.

Hidden penises and very awkward (sexually suggestive) poses, positioning between people and the way staffs, spears and scrolls are grasped in their hands. My buddies and I started noticing this about 10 years ago and they're all painted in the same style. I think this one particular artist is putting these through as a joke. For real... check them out, it's undeniable once you look at them!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Sounds fun!

• jam
    jam

A funny idea. Take the WT art to A Psychologist and

ask him to give you A profile, his professional opinion

and past experience on people who have shown similar

outlook or views. His report, I beleive the people who

are responsible for this kind of art are as normal as average joe,

or the mental state of these people are in serious

danger. Of course we know the mental state of the

FDSC, don,t we. Anyone that approve these kind

of pictures for the public as truth, do not have A

sound mind.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Oooh, good idea!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes, oh Paradise memories. Our overseers was Polish but lived in England before coming to the states with his divorced wife. No one but liz taylor was divorced back then. He had daughters my age. While Bethel was promoting the orange book, he interviewed his youngest daughter, age 10. He said no one should teach their children with the orange book. She used an adult book and progressed so far she was baptized at ten! Somehow I knew at twelve that he was way out of line. He was relying on none of the black rank and file, calling Brooklyn for an opinion (as I used to call it. still do). Threaten someone at the door with an opinion from Brooklyn and they literally run away.

I wish I knew how art work is put together for a magazine. Isn't there an artistic director who makes certain there is continuity between illustrations? I assume there are common themes to describe. The art has changed a bit since my age. Where do they find such poor artists? I can't believe this is what high school art school teach today.

My nursery school and Grimm's Fairy books had terrifying pictures, in approrpriate for children. The stories were over the top. Not nice. Moms dying. The Bambi trauma over and over. The art was great, superb. Look at Warhol or Johns and they convey more real imagination. One of the things that shows me that the WT are not God-ordained is my exposure to art and music. I am not creative myself but I've developed an eye and ear over time. A Vermeer can bring me to tears. Chagall can also. Where are the Witness Shakespeares, Dickens, Watteau, Constable, Picasso, etc.? Look at the Catholic Church. I don't like medieval art but as flat as it is, with no real perspective, it conveys so much more than the WT. I would think Jehovah would want us to excel with our offerings to him. He must have very tacky sense. I don't mean camp or tacky good. Just awful. Tacky in the old sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit