Avoid Watchtower 'False Stories' !

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The July 15 Watchtower (pg 17) asserts that the world is filled with an attitude of 'anything goes' - right or wrong - it depends on your feelings.

This is, ironically, (and hypocritically) a 'false story' created by the Watchtower. Once again, they are lying to support their own greediness to maintain control over naive Witnesses who believe this nonsense.

We have a name for people who truly believe that 'anything goes - right or wrong' - they are called sociopaths or psychopaths. It is entirely fair to say that the US public doesn't like them or think well of them. If you doubt this, just consider the public's interest - and disgust - with Casey Anthony - who probably murdered her child.

Does the public follow cases like this on Nancy Grace? Dateline? 48 Hours? Is there rejoicing by the public, saying, "Wow, that's great! I wanna kill my kids too and get away with it. Wonderful!" No, there is mass revulsion.

The public doesn't approve of lynching black people or beating wives. If you feel otherwise, you are clearly outside the mainstream of society.

And while we're on this subject, let's take a look at the Watchtower's own 'anything goes' moral attitude - in which Watchtower officials (J.R. Brown) expresssed a degree of surprize in adjusting to the public's firm revulsion at molesting children - while the Watchtower sought to cover it up or just passed it off as a mundane sexual sin, little different from any other.

"Anything goes"? Really? How about the Watchtower's new found emphasis on baptising children - making them subject to disfellowshipping? Or failing to properly inform Bible Studies about disfellowshipping, while encouraging baptism of such?

Don't fall for the Watchtower's "false stories".

metatron

• White Dove
    White Dove

Those are good points.

How about the endless soap opera known as "Andre?"

Those have got to be made up on the spot.

The endless stories in the Year Books about missionaries and the congregations they've visited through allegator infested waters seemed extreme when I was in.

Now, they are unbelievable completely.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Ha! Andre, what a guy....

• Violia
  • Violia
    Violia

who is andre?

• nugget
    nugget

Andre is the name used by the organisation for a whole host of true life stories. andre had been a drunk, a drug addict, a faithful witness, a person who gave up college or high paid job etc. Whenever they need an example up pops Andre.

I don't know if he ever walked through crocodile infested waters to get to a meeting he was probably too busy repenting for his various vices.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Anybody here believe the story in tomorrows WT? (May 15 Page 12 par 5)

Briefly.... a teenage girl in ETHIOPIA does so well at school she is offered a scholarship for further education. She turns it down.

Soon thereafter she is offered a job that pays 3,000 euros a month (why euros, not used here in UK or US) You guessed it, she turned down the job to pioneer and her parents were delighted!

Now I have never been to Ethiopia and I don't know any more than what I see on the news about the place but I would have thought that on 3,000 euros a month her family/congregation/circuit/district or even the whole damn country could have pioneered if she had taken that job!

George

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Andre is a WBT$ Super Hero..

Who helps JW`s eat WBT$ Crap..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jcITupzF2zY/TKpKd_R6RWI/AAAAAAAAAD0/hz384XtOabI/s1600/superhero-791503.jpg

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Diest
    Diest

George the average ethiopian makes 700 euros a YEAR.....Why not fund a house filled with 51 brothers who go out preaching?(36k E /700). Wouldnt that truly be a blessing brothers? LOL Just think how rich the watchtower would be if everyone made 10$ an hour for the preaching work lol.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Andre was also the star of one of the Young People Ask DVDs IIRC.

I wonder where the kid who played him is today. Maybe he's Johnny the Bethelite?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit