Childhood memories of the "Truth"

by sleepy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Can you remmember any of the things you got up to or happened to you when you were a child growing up in the "truth"?
    I remmeber once in a meeting throwing up all over an elderly sister.
    Also i remmeber the time when we were playing out side and there was this kid most of us didn't like, and a wall that had a very rought surface to it.Boy and wall meet , blood goes every ware, parents run outside and panic.
    The rest of us laught.

How about the rules you had to follow?
    Me and my brother were banned from drawing while the meeting was on.
    That probably because we used to draw over all the walls.
    Also I remmember my dad smaking us BEFORE we went to the meeting , just incase we did something wrong.
    Yes it was different being a watchtower kid.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I just flashed on something my brother use to do.

He would FART real loud then look at the person next to him.
    plm

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I remember using a highlighter to color in all the pics. Mom did it too ahhahhaha. Then they said we couldn't it was disrepectful, then they started doing color pics anyway.

and how many life savers/altoids did I consume as a JW??? hhaha ohh my .
    ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

plmkrzy-my Mother used to fart and look at my sister and I! Then she would slap us on the leg to make it look like one of us had done it! At the meetings!

During the Tuesday bible study, we went to a families apartment in Chicago. Standard issue, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, living, dining, kitchen. The study was in the living room. I always had to go to the bathroom, which was right behind the living room. One particular time, I just did not want to sit there anymore.

I went into the families bath and went through the cupboards. I looked at all the meds (didn't eat any), all the hair stuff and started fixing and changing my hair.

I apparently disrupted the meeting (there were about 12 people total). My mother was banging on the door to let her in. I did. Oh was she mad! I got whacked on the bottom quite a few times for that.

I was in the bathroom for about 25 minutes! I was only 7 years old, though!

Another time, same family, same place, I found the fathers shaving cream and decided to see what all the shaving stuff was about. I put some on my face, as I had seen my father do, and started shaving! Again, my Mom was banging on the door. I let her in and Whap! She was really mad. I had cuts, from shaving, all over my face.

I think that's why I don't like to shave my legs now! That also may be why I have a mustache!

• Beans
    Beans

NO HORSEPLAY OUTSIDE THE KINGDOM HALL!!!!
    Yet again denied any form of normalitie(having fun).So they want you to only play with the other kids at the hall but you never got to see them because everyone lived so far apart.We would sneak in games of penny hockey and penny football downstairs on the table but that was soon banned!

I remember this one brothers daughter always stroking his wank and he was so into the talks it didn`t concern him until about the tenth stroke when he had a semi.

Beans

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey sleepy,I remember getting the shit beat out of me in the kingdom hall parking lot when I was a toddler.Apparantly babies squirm and fuss if you make them sit in a spot for hours at a time.I was screaming so loud they sent people outside to see if my dad was killing me.Nothing like being raised by dubs.What happy people,when their not threatining your life,punishing or beating the crap out of you...OUTLAW

• qadreena
    qadreena

i remember being made to answer up at meetings - i was sooo scared of the microphone and really didnt want to do it, my dad used to take my hand and hold it up, eventually i caught on and hid in the toilets during the watchtower study, got in big trouble for that

xxx angel xxx

• r51785
    r51785

I remember waking up on Saturday morning and lying very still and quietly waiting to hear if my parents were getting up to go out in magazine sales work. If they were, I tried very hard to fake sleep so that maybe they would leave me alone and not force me to go out and sell magazines. The best mornings were when they decided not to go selling and we had pancakes for breakfast and I got to watch cartoons.

• TD
    TD

I remember:

Circuit assemblies held at race tracks and in tobacco barns

Week-long district conventions with a morning, afternoon and evening session that didn’t end until 9:30 PM each night.

The hall being so jammed during the Cuban missile crises that the kids sat on the literature counter during the meeting. (Got real uncomfortable after a few minutes.)

My older cousins going to prison

Anthony Conte

N.H. Knorr coming to give the dedication talk for the new kingdom hall and praising the congregation for their foresight in building a veritable bomb shelter of a basement. (This was at the height of the 1975 fervor)

Wanting to crawl under my seat when the 10 foot tall illuminated heart and brain were arguing with each other on stage at the district convention

Taking the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Question of Blood booklet (rag) to the homes of all the doctors and nurses in the territory and being ashamed.

• Solace
    Solace

Where do I start,
    what bugged me when I was young, they used me, "little blond Jehovahs witness girl" to get themselves into peoples homes.
    They used to hand me a bible with a scripture highlighted to read to the person opening the door and then after I read it, they pushed me aside and started their heavy indoctrinating crapp on those poor people. They probably thought I was just selling cookies for God sakes, instead they get bombarded by these men in suits.
    Oh, I mostly hated the hypocrisy. I was only supposed to hang around witness kids funny tho' they behaved worse than my worldly friends.
    We used to get our hair yanked, soap in our mouths, my sister was hit so hard with a wooden spoon by my mom it broke in half on her rear end. "Spare the rod spoil the child".. Spare me, ya' know?
    I would never do that to my kids!
    I looked at some of the old J.W. books that I got from grandmothers house when she died. Cute, She doodled in the books too.
    I had to answer at the meetings, read scriptures and it seems like when any woman in my family gave a talk, I had to be the householder.
    Boy, would I play that part differently nowadays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit