Opinions on Streaming Netflix......

by AK - Jeff 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My HDTV sits just feet behind the wall that houses my computer. I have a g-router for my laptops in the house.

1. I thought of running HDMI interface to my Tv, but alas no HDMI outport on my computer.
    2. I used to use a laptop with VGA, so considered doing the same with my desktop, but alas no VGA port on my desktop computer.
    3. I have considered a Wifi Blue-Ray player.
    4. I have considered a Roku player.
    5. I have considered a game console.
    6. I may eventually opt for google-tv or one of the many tvs being produced wi-fi ready. But prob not ready for that expense just yet.

I would appreciate suggestions and experiences from those who have experimented, successfully or unsuccessfully with any of these options or others.

Thanx guys.

Jeff

• moshe
    moshe

My friend loves his $60 Roku player- he has a app that lets him use is Ipad for programming.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Roku.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I miss first-run films at Radio City Musical Hall with an entertainment intermission by the Rockettes. No more. I love Netflix via cable internet. My TV screen is modest. I live in an apartment and the room is not large. If I had a large TV, I'd want to view Netfix. Doesn't WII or play station run through TV already.

I need to adopt a teenage boy for help with tech stuff.

• JRK
    JRK

If you really want a Blu-Ray player, that is a good option.

JK

• Diest
    Diest

I vote PSII, you get a high quality blue ray player mixed with streaming. Even if you never play a game it is a good choice.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I love my Roku box. You cannot beat the price and it's very SIMPLE.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I just bought a Roku. I think it's pretty cool. I haven't had time to find everything I like...been so busy since my nephew hooked it up. But the few nights I did play with it I really like it. Thinking of getting a second one for in the bedroom.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Consider Apple TV.

It's frigging awesome. :D

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I have used both Roku, Wii and now my Sony BluRay wifi player...they all work well, but I have found the BluRay to be convenient and does a nice job with HD streaming. The key is to have a very fast internet connection, since that seems to make the most difference on quality delivery of the service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit