My uncle who is an Elder has been warned not to ''talk or meet grandson''.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

THIS is disgusting. The shunning policy is one of the most destructive policies of this twisted organization. To think that 80 something year old people are threatened by upper authority figures to not associate with their flesh and blood relatives is not only barbaric- it's criminal. If I had a rocket launcher - some high up Bethel a$$e$ would be headed for the Planet Pluto. RULES & REGULATIONS - Try to keep supporting your cousin and be there for him as much as possible. He needs all the support he can get right now. I'm sorry he's being treated this way AND that the grandfather is being controlled through fear and guilt as well ! Shame on the WT society for sure. Peace out, Mr.Flipper

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

tell your cousin to ignore the Jw rules and go see his grandparents if he wants to. If grand-dad objects, then say, "it's OK grandpa, you don't need to talk to me. I'll just talk to grandma and she can let me know if you need anything."

• sinis
    sinis

Just tell them that according to the WTS it is 100% acceptable for family to ASSIST each other, since the are old and need help. I would also agree to what Hortensia said. Worst thing in my life was knowing I had to shun my grandfather for ten years only to see him cold and stiff at his funeral. The past cannot be undone, and do not let the JW rob your nephew of HIS and his GRANDFATHERS time while both are alive!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jesus went out of his way to embrace sinners. He never said sinning was fine but that they were loved. Of course, Jesus had truth and decency on his side. I wish there were a way of making this shunning more dominant for the general public. Very sad.

My entire life I viewed JW relative love as conditional. In the end, they looked the otheer way. Well, I did not know about the end. It hurt me terribly. The list of words that could not slip out. My poor sister belted out "God Bless You" when someone sneezed. Worry that they will see the Christmas tree. I lived on goat hill which helped a lot. We were the only Witnesses in our geographical area.

To fear a "God Bless You" or a college degree will end love is cruel for a chld or an adult.

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's an utter disgrace . . .

That this grubby little cult continues to do this with impunity . . . just makes me so angry

Unfortunately the world just has bigger fish to try to give it any attention . . . and those involved are caged by mind-controlled fear.

• talesin
    talesin

grandparents are sacred!!! grrrr, this makes me so angry!!!

t

• wobble
    wobble

Why not write to the local newspaper where grandad lives, and explain how this dear old man is being bullied?

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

My departure from the JWs in January 2011 put me in serious financial hardship. My family and friends abandoned me and even though I am not disfellowshipped they treat me like I am. I contacted my best friend, an ex-elder, who is disfellowshipped. He loaned me money, which I promptly paid back once I got work. He put me in touch with a friend of his who helped me get car and just last week he put me in touch with another friend of his who helped me get a beautiful house.

Who proved to be MY neighbor and REAL brother?

• Scully
    Scully

If he is an Elder™, the Publications™ allow for him to speak with DFd people.

Whoever warned him against seeing or speaking with his DFd grandson is totally ignorant of WTS rules.

Your uncle should advise whoever it was that gave him the warning that the WTS does not frown on DFd/Worldly™ relatives assisting elderly JWs (because the congregation is too effing unreliable to do so and doesn't give a crap anyway). Then get your cousin to do some helpful task around the home (bring them some groceries, cut the grass, move some furniture, etc.) that your uncle and aunt can no longer do easily.

If your DFd cousin were to stop helping them, you can bet your bottom dollar that the JWs wouldn't lift a finger to help them instead.

• Scully
    Scully

A couple of years before Mr Scully and I left the JWs, I was severely affected by postpartum depression. Prior to that, I was one of the first people in the congregation to lend a hand to help someone in need, visit people who needed encouragement, and so on, without hesitation. It was just the right thing to do - the Christian thing to do.

Boy oh boy, did I ever get a rude awakening in my time of need. Not only did nobody in our Congregation™ lift a finger to help me, a malicious campaign of gossip and social ostracism and bullying ensued. It got to the point where I was suicidal and needed to be hospitalized. When I tried to explain what was going on around me that triggered my suicidal thoughts to the psychiatrist, he looked at me and said: "Y'know, we aren't supposed to tell people what to do, but I really think you need a different church - this one isn't doing you any good."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit