A new term for 'just around the corner'...unbelievable. sad.

by tresdecu 24 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

'Waiting for Godot'....

• darthfader
    darthfader

1 whisper = 3/29 of a fortnight. My car can reach speeds of 890K rods per whisper...

<white-and-nerdy>

• sir82
    sir82
    In a talk delivered on 10 June 1945 (a month after V-E Day), Nathan H. Knorr urged: "There is no longer any time to wait, for the Kingdom of God is here! ... It is a day of decision, and its precious hours of opportunity are remorselessly ticking out. The zero hour for the final war of Amageddon is undelayably coming on"

What!

No that can't be!

I just saw on the latest DVD that Nathan Knorr correctly predicted a "period of peace" after the end of WWII, in 1942, while the war was still going on. It was presented as mind-boggling evidence of spirit-direction! How else could a mere human know in advance that the war would end!

The quote above is clearly an apostate plot to weaken my faith! I'll have no part of it!

<Sticks fingers in ears> La la la la....From HOUSE...to HOUSE....from DOOR....to DOOR....plonk PLONK plonk PLONK plonk PLO-O-O-O-NK.....

• punkofnice
  • Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

A woman is entertaining some friends on an afternoon when her young son bursts into the room and loudly declares:

"MOMMM, I HAVE TO PEE!"

Mortified, she excuses herself and while helping her son, tries to correct his brashness.

"Son, you don't yell 'I have to pee'... whisper!"

Later that night after the father comes home after a long day at work and relaxes on the couch. The son comes up and tugs on his dad's arm and says "Daaaad, I have to whisper!"

Father half wakes up and says, "It's okay, whisper in daddy's ear"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit