A new term for 'just around the corner'...unbelievable. sad.

by tresdecu 24 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Since when was 'whisper' a measure of time?

- Lime

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

Don't buy any green bananas.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Lime....The usage seems similar to these:

School Boards are beginning to authorize funds for the erection of vocational schools rather than use an old building a whisper away from condemnation proceedings. (1879)

Evans was fuming over the need to murder a man right then a whisper away from death. (1959)

My favorites are green grapes that are a whisper away from being a raisin. (1981)

• talesin
    talesin

lol! yes, because green bananas ... well, you know they're not gonna ripen before ..... the GREAT TRIBULATION!!~

ahahahaha! good one :)

• sizemik
    sizemik

How do they manage this without feeling embarrassed and totally foolish? . . . staggering!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

The end is closer today than it was yesterday!

• karter
    karter

The end is just around the corner......of a round building.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"A whisper away" is supposed to refer to being able to hear a whisper--usually, this means a very short distance. However, they are not accounting for being able to rebroadcast that whisper--you can hear a whisper made in Spain from New Zealand if someone in Spain whispers into a microphone, posts the recording online, and someone in New Zealand (halfway around the world) finds that web site and plays back the recording.

This must mean that "the end of this system of things" is up to halfway around the world. Which could be a mighty long wait.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Or as my dad still says: "We're not only on the threshold of the New World. We have one foot in the door."

This has been his mantra my entire life...

• sir82
    sir82

I think Mick Jagger put it better;

"Love, sister, it's just a kiss away..." Gimme Shelter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit