News Of The World Is Shutting Down!

by NewChapter 22 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't know how many are aware of this scandal in the UK, but I'll try to explain the important details.

News of the World in the UK is included in the Murdoch News Corp with also encompasses FOX NEWS.

Reporters were hacking private phone mails for years, following stars and politicians. They also hacked widows of fallen soldiers. Looking for the scoop. Well it became unbearable when a 14-year-old girl went missing. They hacked her account and listened to all of her messages. THEN the pricks deleted the messages to make room for more. Her frantic family were encouraged when her voice mail filled up and then could accept messages again. They thought it meant she was alive and listening to them. She was dead. Murdoch's people were responsible.

Advertisers immediately began pulling ads from the paper and now Sunday will be their last issue. GO UK!! Now if we Americans can just pull it together to shut down FOX news. The world doesn't need such influential poison spilling into the minds of believers.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/07/07/137674590/new-of-the-world-folding-hacking-scandal-brings-it-down

NC

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah they are going to open again under a different name. It's a stunt to avoid those responsible for the scandal losing their jobs.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm pretty sure I agree with you slimboy. We are dealing with the handlers of FOX news and shame is never really on the table.

NC

• donny
    donny

News of the World is one of my favorite Queen albums.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Mine Too Donny! lol, I can't even hear that name without picturing that cover. I played it endlessly as a teenager--back when it was on vinyl and the artwork was big.

NC

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...Well it became unbearable when a 14-year-old girl went missing. They hacked her account and listened to all of her messages. THEN the pricks deleted the messages to make room for more. ..."

Oh, my frikkin'....

The arseholes should be lined up against a wall and SHOT!! [and i don't like guns...]

Actually, they should be charged as "accomplices after the fact" of her death - if she was murdered, then they should be in the docket [???] along with the one who wielded the knife/gun/whatever...

I would LOVE to see "Faux News" go down - or be worked over thoroughly!!!

"Fair and Balanced" - my fat Aunt Fanny's ARS!!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Zid, I think they are bringing charges against some of the "reporters". I don't know a lot of details yet, but someone is in a great deal of trouble.

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

LOL NC! I was just going to post this!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Weren't they in line to take a larger interest in Sky TV also? I'm a bit vague on those details.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Of COURSE you were Beks! This is one of the few times I beat you. Here is Jon Stewarts take on "FOXYGEN"

“Foxygen”—“the heady mix of partisan hackery, character assassination, and manufactured outrage”—

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit