Casey Anthony Trial and the Two Witness Rule

by RubaDub 2 Replies latest social humour

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was talking to my mother on the phone last evening and she said how shocked and appalled she was that Casey Anthony was found not guilty on the murder charges.

I asked her why she was surprised. In fact, I mentioned that's the way we handle cases within the congregation; if there are not at least two witnesses to the crime, then there is no supposition of guilt. I said she should be happy that they didn't just use circumstantial evidence to convict her, similar to the OJ Simpson case.

It was amazing how quiet she got on the other end of the phone and then quickly changed the subject.

Rub a Dub

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well thats because what you said made sense...I am ticked she got off also.But your right.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Circumsstantial evidence convicts people all the time. I was shocked that she was acquitted of manslaughter. The prosecution did not have to prove a particular method of death. I might agree that the prosecutor overcharged with first degree capital murder which freaked the jury out. Everything we heard, though, was slanted against Casey Anthony b/c such a villain sells more.

From the interviews with them, they made up their own law. They did not follow the judge's instructions. Jury nullification happens though. We were accosted with lovely video of Caylee and the remains. This will add to their income.

The thought of Casey Anthony making a film deal repulses me. Maybe people can boycott the film co, distributor or book publisher. I can just picture my mom partying up a storm and getting tatooed if I died, even accidentally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit