A Lawyer Examines Jehovah's Witnesses

by Nickolas 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Get a load of this bit of propaganda issued by a Watchtower apologist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-j-mprTsI

At least they're not blocking comments just yet.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    At least they're not blocking comments just yet.

Let's see for how long

• Honesty
    Honesty

Smooth words from a false teacher.

He sounds just like the Bethel elder who lied to me about the Society's involvement with the U.N.:

"No, no, no we didn't affiliate with the U.N. Who told you that lie? Have you been on the internet?"

• sabastious
    sabastious

Do you guys remember when they started doing the "end of footnote" thing? Brings me back, lol.

That tone of voice he is using is part of their formula. It's designed for a specific people as most people would of course feel condescended by the tone, but not to a Witness as they are used to being treated like sniveling children.

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As many of you know, I am an American lawyer. I listened to a small portion. This is not the presentation any common law lawyer would discuss. The First Amendment would have precedence. Blood would be discussed as a religious liberty. The Equal Protection Clause, Due Process, and First Amendment would be discussed. Perhaps the policy of exemption religious orgs. from taxes. Calls to James Madison and Thomas Jefferson. You could hear "God Bless America" in the background.

A legal definition of cult and why the JWs don't fit that description. Granted he is South African but I'm not so pigheaded as to believe only Americans cherish religious freedom. Do you notice he does not recite his own dialogue? An inquisitor feeds it to him. So they have one Jew in S. Africa. Wow. Maybe billions will now convert.

Milquetoast. Those legal books behind a desk give an air of authority. They don't prove you are a lawyer. I've often thought lawyers could rent them out for commercials and earn extra income. The sad part is everyone uses Lexis or Westlaw online now. Except in commercials.

As a lawyer, I do feel my training leads me to pay extra attention to text. Loads of other fields must also pay close attention to text. Graduating from an Ivy, I am as clueless as anyone here about Trinity, etc. A professional degree gives you no insight over any other human on these matters. In fact, the analytic frame can be harmful to understanding. Next, they will trot out a Hindu architect, followed by a Buddhist art curator.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

This boys and girls is a prime example of a sales pitch aimed at anybody gullible who might be influenced by the fact that a Jewish lawer would find the Witness beliefs worth buying into.

A bit like a television commercial where they show one or two customers who are shown to be over the moon with their purchase it makes interested consumers or prospects as they are known in life insurance parlance think it is well endorsed .

Advertise Advertise Advertise

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Why doesn't the original lawyer speak in this? Since when did a lawyer need a professional voice-over to do his talking? (I didn't listen to the whole thing...so maybe I missed something?)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe everyone here could come up with a pithier, more gutsy,, pitch for the WT. Lying allowed. So his son wasn't Jewish. This is not news. He plods on about taking lessons. Carol was Anglican. A bastardized marriage, illegal until recently.

Does anyone remember Crazy Eddie? Robert Hall? This is sad.

Imagine a presidential candidate at the candidate's debate, using time to discuss his family religion, member by member, then the last fifty books the candidate read contrasted with the reading style of his wife. And we all want to know Malia's favorite board game. Sasha - does she love Justin Bieber?

If this person is a lawyer, pity his clients.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ya right..It` starts out with "This is what he said to Awake"..

How many time has the WBT$ quoted someone wrong?..

How many times do you hear about storys at WBT$ Assemblies being manipulated so far from the truth,they no longer resemble the real story?..

It`s just more WBT$ Bullshit being Parroted by a Brain Dead JW..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hrumph!!

I tried posting this response:

Ahhh.... this "video" consists of one guy reading a story with absolutely NO information on who this "mystery lawyer" actually is. All this video shows is a picture of a smiling guy in front of a bookcase. The 'questions' and 'answers' are read by the narrator... Apparently, whomever this "lawyer" supposedly is, he doesn't have enough confidence to appear on camera in person, and speak directly to the audience... "Needs more work" in Theocratic Ministry School, for you!!

But I'm blocked...

Would someone who ISN'T "blocked", pleeeeze post my response??

Thanks! Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit