Surprised reaction

by truthseeker1969 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

My brother who attends meetings was at the hall when they were explaining the "generation" new lite.

He said he was stunned when a rumble went through the congo which he said sounded like "oh here we go again" and then laughing.

The brother sittig next to him said 'what next" and after the meeting a lot of people were mad that instead of leaving what they do not know they re-invented it.

Elders were being surrounded by people asking them to explain it.

This happened a few weeks ago but there is also alot of anger at the "mentally diseased " comment made by the GB as people view it as an outright attack on family members. I think I smell trouble.

He is not one who shuns and told the Elders that until they show him where Jesus said shun then he will continue to talk to me.

One elder told him that if he persists in talking to me then he could be brought before a committe to which he told him "it would be your funeral". So me thinks they are truly in a panic!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow I'd really like to know where these strong willed dubs are! I've not met alot of them in my time, everyone pretty much just bends over for whatever nu lite and takes it in you know what. All the while smiling and saying how wonderful it is to have the org and how close teh end is!

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

they are in the UK and believe me they are a staunch lot but it seems that in the last couple of months a number of people have left disgusted by the attack on family members.

I guess geography may have some impact on things as the british are a stoic lot and tough minded but he mentioned last time we spoke several weeks ago that a brother was disfellowshipped and then re-instated a week later and no one knows what it was for.

Then two elders stepped aside and one ministerial servant quit. so not sure what is going on.

My brother is not someone who is told what to do by anyone and he made it clear to them.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Most people consider this to represent four generations, the Watchtower says it is one. Dumbasses

• Ding
    Ding

Wouldn't it be nice if more and more JWs reacted like that?

• mrquik
    mrquik

At some point many Witnesses will come to the conclusion that this organization doesn't have "the truth". There's a vast difference between being mostly true and true. It's like the difference between mostly dead & dead. (Apologizes to Billy Crystal as Miracle Max). I hope this awakening in the UK spreads. It's about time for this sad charade to end.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Interesting reaction. Hopefully it means that people are starting to think.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe some of the moaners could get together and organize.

Next time they could pull out Pinnacchio masks at the next bull session.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Where in the Uk is this I wonder......all I know here in my little Welsh village, new ones dont stay long, born-ins (aged between 20-40) are moving away, and the aged JWs are dying......cant see this KH lasting more than a few more years! Numbers have gone down so fast this past year!

There are always JCs, and all the Elders swanky cars are parked outside regularly.......I wonder if the walls are about to crumble down.....heres hoping!!!!!!

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I'm in the middle of a Watchtower Publication study with a JW. When I innocently brought up the old light which is still in their "Bible Teach" book about the generation of 1914 not passing away, he immediately got uncomfortable and tried to change the subject. So despite the inability of a JW to openly question the changes in this doctrine, I suspect that this nonsense about "overlapping" has a few JW's realizing that something is not right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit