Frak & Frakking

by IMHO 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• IMHO
    IMHO

Fans of Battlestar Galactica may know that those two words are used a lot in the series.

How did they get away with it when it so obviously just another word for f**k?

It's also used a lot on this forum but that's another topic.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If I recall, Frak and Frakking were used to describe two not very attractive women in a long time ago politcal affair. Perhaps Nelson Rockefeller. Oh, it is Frk and Frak. wikipedia time. National sensations until they blew over. I thought they were attractive. Heck, I found Linda MCCartney attractive. Not drop dead beautiful as Jean or Chrissie Shrimpton but attractive.

Yoko I have never found attractive. I hate her less but unattractive remains in so many ways.

• JRK
    JRK

And then Yoko tried singing, the rest is history . . .

JK

• Twitch
    Twitch

Who gives a frakking gods damn?

Hmmm, possibly offensive, definitely cheesy

• darthfader
    darthfader

When I hear the work "fracking".. I think of breaking rocks far under ground with high pressure water and chemicals to release methane and other gases for a fuel source... but again Im a bit in left field :)

• Glander
    Glander

Not to be confused with "frag" and "fragging". This is when a fed up subordinate throws a grenade into his commanding officers quarters while he's asleep.

Like-

"Ray Franz fragged the Governing Body when he published "Crises of C....." "

• IMHO
    IMHO

Then again the experts will tell you that "Flip" and "Flipping" mean the same but they don't have the 'offensive' connotations. Probably because ending in 'p' gives it a softer sound.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I was thinking of fractals:

• Twitch
    Twitch

Fractals are frakking cool. The classic Mandelbrot set, for your ocular pleasure,...

http://mathfactor.uark.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mandelbrot_set_01.jpg

Hmmm, can't embed pics for some reason. Damn you IE, damn you.

• Twitch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit