What's This Thing Called Consciousness?

by frankiespeakin 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • mindseye
    mindseye

Awesomeness. I really dig that link to the Nonduality and Science Conference. With Cartesian dualism - Descarte's seperation of mind and body - western philosophy got locked into a rigid paradigm that only began to unravel relatively recently. It's interesting that the ancient Eastern traditions are more relevant to current scientific understanding.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

We are headed towards what's called "Unity Consciousness"...the theme of John Chapter 17. That is the entire message of the 2012 prophecies, along with more than a few crop circles.

For those of you who believe in the effects of Astrology, you should have no problem grasping this. Everything, including the Bible, is based on Astrology. For those of you who don't believe it, the power of human consciousness will be abundantly evident in the near future. It's already been manifested in such events as the fall of the Iron Curtain, and continues in the fall of one dictatorship after another. The Internet is playing a huge role in this! If you think it doesn't matter what the little guy thinks, just remember that it only takes one half of one percent of the people to shine enough light on the dark cabal to get them ousted.

Mayan Calendar, 9th Wave and Relationships, 2012

http://www.litcorner.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2388:mayan-calendar-9th-wave-and-relationships-2012&catid=31:channelings-from-spiritual-beings

The acts of servitude, manipulation and disempowerment by those who wish to overpower others also come from the false belief in separation and non-equality. In its lowest form it is expressed as the lust for power and wealth, "tyranny" at the expense of humanity and the Earth. This is a very unevolved dense consciousness, which will not make it through the vibrational lifting or awakening and healing process. They have devolved and are on the downward spiral of evolution falling further and further away from the ultimate power, which is love. They also are evolving away from bliss and joy and there is no security due to the immutable law of karma. They are on a one way ticket to the hell of the reactions to their actions as well as the ever diminishing lack of love, joy and bliss. They have disconnected from the soul in massive egos and intellects, which are only a drop in the sea of consciousness. In the cosmic scheme of things they have no real power their only power come s from their ability to engage, control and manipulate the physical, which is less than 1% of the universe in which they live. No suit, tie, limo, castle, amount of people to dominate or amassed gold can fill the void or the addiction. In some cases they are engaged by the nonphysical yet it is of a disempowering nature eventually loosing their own personal power and connection to the soul and Creator. In extreme cases it is called possession by regenerate forces. At the core of many of these tyrants you will find a child that was never loved, accepted or felt approved. They are seeking love acceptance and approval outside of self through others and material wealth yet they are always left empty and a nagging sense of dissatisfaction keeps arising. They still have the divine spark yet it is buried under layers of denial, fear and unworthiness yet they will be the last to acknowledge this. The light of truth will find even them in the days to come and many will fall on their knees in regret.

Both of these illusions as well as the fears, wounds and traumas are in the process of healing. Being aware of this process, feeling it and engaging it rather than running from it will create a quantum leap in evolution. We are seeing this in the macrocosm being played out as we speak. The polarities of the haves and have-nots are very apparent. The gross uneven dispersal of wealth, the unbridled greed, the corporate generated wars through false flag operations, the plagues of the war and disease profiteers have risen for all to see. They are being revealed as well as those behind these nepharious schemes for those who are awakening. The apocalypse is defined as the great uncovering and soon you will see all these past wars and plagues as outrageous as this seems were already on the books in a master plan. Not one of them was what it seemed nor what you were told by the mainstream media. In this awakening and healing process you will see a complete unraveling, restructuring and in s ome cases collapse of the old system. There will be a movement back to courage and integrity, it will be seen in all facets of society and eventually there will be no more willing participants in actions which are harmful to humanity and the Earth. Those who have been a disservice to humanity and the Earth will have but one path and that is to serve in the highest and best good of the whole.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Prodical,

I do think we as humans are becoming more conscious as we evolve, and that the enlightenment that Guru's and the Buddha spoke about will eventually reach a critical mass in our species like the "100th monkey" thing and spread threw the whole species.

I'm thinking we may even see a gradual decrease and elimination of governments as the species becomes interconnected

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

To me the question is: Who is doing the looking through my eyes? Who is seeing red and feeling the world through these five or six senses?

Is it just a tangled..hierarchy of information? Is everything just one thing namely "consciousness" as the ground of very being,,so that there being no consciousness there would be no being as consciousness gives being,, without consciousness there would be no being.

• poppers
    poppers

To me the question is: Who is doing the looking through my eyes? Who is seeing red and feeling the world through these five or six senses?

Who indeed? Ramana Maharshi's central teaching was self-inquiry - Who am I? What's actually found when one looks for the "me" identity? Aside from thoughts/ideas of me can an independent and separate self be found? Look for yourself, that was his advice. In discovering its absence what remains?

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Wow, what an excellent topic.

The ambiguity of consciousness leaves one with three options. Materialism, that the mind is simply neuron activity in the brain, or dualism, where the mind is separated from body (the soul is one concept), or in between. I choose to side with the third option. Both are extreme polar opposites, and both don't explain enough, for instance it is said that materialism can not explain how or why the brain some brain states are conscious... and the other side is dualism faces the problem of explaining how a non-physical substance or mental state can causally interact with the physical body.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/freud/

http://www.iep.utm.edu/dubois/

http://www.iep.utm.edu/xuanzang/

http://www.iep.utm.edu/husserl/

A few great articles from the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Interesting essays Uber.

I think if we are discussing consciousness we need to look at the unconscious mind to for it is what determines to a large extent what becomes conscious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconscious_mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit