Pentecostal Madness: Panties, Wife swapping, aggression and epylepsy

by Wonderment 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Though I have never been a Pentecostal, I remember well the frequent stories I heard of this religious movement while going from house-to-house in the past. I wonder if you guys heard similar stories.

One story I heard a few times was about the confession of some males going to Pentecostal churches to peek at girls throwing themselves all over the floor in epileptic movements, and some mention the word "panties" being exposed as an attraction to them. When I invited them to the Kingdom Hall, they said our meetings were too mild, nothing "provocative" to entice them to our meetings. No wonder they attract many converts. I guess Christ was not their main motive.

Also, one frequent story I heard from Pentecostals was that they had a lot gatherings, and women were the ones who supported the gatherings. Their husbands stayed home, and many pastors could not resist having all those lovely ladies going to church alone, and some ended up going to bed with them. A lot of marriages were broken this way.

Another thing I experienced more than a few times. Some Pentecostals were aggresive toward the Witnesses. Some have thrown their dogs at JW's at their door. Others have dumped a pail of water right on the JW's. And so on. Not to mention, that when it comes to bible discussion, they easily become fired up, some threatening.

Through the years, I met some really nice Pentecostals too, and some have surprised me with unusual zeal sorely lacking in the JW's org. Some seem to take their religious fervor seriously and pray sincerely. The apparent faith of some Pentecostals is amazing, compared with the cold, ritualistic approach of many Witnesses. But overall, the good impressions I have had with Pentecostals are outdone by the bad taste left over by my sour encounters with them.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Interesting...

I assume you've seen the thread about the ex-Pentecostal support groups?

I'll go get a link... brb...

Here 'tis:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/212678/1/Since-godrulz-has-so-kindly-intruded-to-help-out-us-ex-jws-lets-return-the-favor-and-pop-over-and-help-the-ex-pentacostals

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i know a few pentecostal stories from a developing country i visit every now and then.

one of the pastors wrote to a married woman (husband wasn't pentecostal) a card signed by "god", telling her that it's gods will that the pastor had sexual relations with her. the husband read the letter, went to the pastor and punched his own understanding of gods will into his face.

in a neighbouring country another pastor wrote a letter from "god" to a single girl, with pretty much the same content. she showed the letter to a JW missionary (relative of mine) and asked if god really does write letters...

• ziddina
    ziddina

LOL! Funny experiences, J. Hofer!!

Hey, have you ever heard of similar situations amongst the JWs? Not the "letter from god" thing, but elders pressuring sisters to sleep with them? Other than the rape cases we've heard about, that is...

• designs
    designs

There is some study into the ecstatic/sexual experience among the Charismatic groups. I wonder if any who are part of those groups would care to share their experiences.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

In my opinion the Pentecostals are the other end of the spectrum from the JW's. They are as obsessed with the emotion of religion as the JW's are with their self-righteousness. I know many "nice" JW's and Pentecostals. The problem is when you go to either extreme it requires you to really turn your brain off or at least down. That sends most of the critical thinkers towards the door. An intelligent pastor without his sexual urges in check is like a fox in hen house.

• dgp
    dgp

I think this is yet another example of how fanaticism is just plain bad.

By the way, is Wonderment suggesting that the reason why Pentecostals grow so much is that men can get to look at the panties of sisters in their fits of epilepsy? Or just looking at epileptics? If so, then Pentecostalism is a magnet for epileptic sisters.

One can but wonder why Playboy hasn't become a world cult. I am quite sure the sisters on those pages are not epileptics (but very healthy). Perhaps the reason is, you don't get to see many panties.

One story I heard a few times was about the confession of some males going to Pentecostal churches to peek at girls throwing themselves all over the floor in epileptic movements, and some mention the word "panties" being exposed as an attraction to them. When I invited them to the Kingdom Hall, they said our meetings were too mild, nothing "provocative" to entice them to our meetings. No wonder they attract many converts. I guess Christ was not their main motive.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I went to a charismatic church for a while, and they had "modesty cloths." When a woman would fall down, someone would put a "modesty cloth" over her groin area.

• badseed
    badseed

When I was young and still in the truth (ahem) I had several conversations with a pentecostal man. We got into a heated debate about doctrines, and I swear, the man started foaming at the mouth in anger. That's when I said, "OOOkay"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't believe this is any more true of Pentecostals than any other group. When I was in high school and ran away from home, I stayed with a Pentecostal gf. She insisted I attend her church as the price of santuary. The attraction was clear. The son of the pastor was this attractive boy in our class. Oodles of girls attended and few boys. I just knew the entreaties during prayer time.

Unfortunately, is a mirror of the WT with crazy beliefs and practice. I wanted to smack down their arrogance. Like the Witnesses, they abhored Catholics. Catholics can be charismatic, too. This happened during a peak demon phase in the W. I saw how Dave's father had calmness, then started provoking the assembled crowd until first one and then the next became hysterical. I stood out with a sore thumb b/c I felt nothing. Terror reigned. Ii was taught demons were popping out. These were good people from the neighborhood.

Everyone who broke, became hysterical, tearing out hair, beating their chairs and screaming how worthless they were. Dave's father let it go on for a definite period and then starting touching them. My young self realized demons would not respond that way and that the Pastor was a ringmaster.

While it was happening, I never prayed so earnestly to be saved from demons.

It sickened me. If Dave's father also lost control and cried his heart out, I would have had much more respect. Imagine the release and high you feel when you return from your trip of wretchedness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit